ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, July 28, 2023

Why Does It Have To Be the Same Day?

 

    ENTRY 506| JULY 28 /2023


.WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ON THE SAME DAY?

September 9.
That is the day of the Cabbagetown Festival and also the annual Cabbagetown Boxing Club boxing show.
I am hoping to be part of that show as I have been training very hard. However, even if I don't step into the ring on that day I will still be going to support my co-athletes and the coaches.
I have some Paid Time Off available that I am going to use for that day. Although those are supposed to be for emergencies, this only happens once a year, so I have a hunch that there is going to be an emergency on that day.
Dammit. I hate it when that happens.

A friend in Hamilton contacted me recently as he had won four tickets to a Blue Jays game.
He invited me and my wife to join him. He will be coming to Toronto and spending the day here and going to the game. I thought it was a great idea. He wanted to know if I could get that day off.
I originally wanted to go, until I found out the day. 
The tickets are for a game on September 9.
Oh...
I'm off that day, but for another reason. I might be boxing. 
Since they are planning on coming to Toronto anyway, why not stop by and watch me box?
Something could happen and I might not, but I am a bit annoyed because there is still time to make alternate arrangements. My friends and my wife could have said that if I am not in the ring that day they would go to the game, but if I am they would watch my bout instead. Right? Is that an unreasonable expectation? 
Apparently, it is, because they are dead-set on going to the game regardless of what I do. 
I don't know. Am I being selfish about this? They are coming to Toronto anyway and my wife is already in Toronto (obviously), so I am not asking them to go out of their way. 
They would rather watch the Blue Jays lose than watch me probably win.
I think they are being very rude.

I don't care now. Go to the game. Enjoy watching the Jays lose. Enjoy the over-priced hot dogs. Enjoy being stuck in traffic to and from the stadium.
...and I hope it rains.




Reminder: Next weekend is a holiday weekend (Civic Holiday) so there will be no 'Comments From the Ring'.

NEXT ENTRY: August 11 /2023 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer who has trained for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
73 kg (165 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Wed. 0900-1100
Thu. 1730-1930
Fri. 0900-1100
Holidays 0900-1030

COMPETITION STATUS:
 PENDING

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment