ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, December 9, 2023

An Unexpected Obstical

 

    ENTRY 523| DECEMBER 9 /2023


NEW DAY, SAME BLOG


Welcome to a new day. 
A new blogging day, that id.
The blog will remain weekly (excluding holidays and events), but will new be on Saturdays. There are several reasons for this change. 
Also, remember that there will be no blog during the holidays, so the last entry for the year will be on December 23.


IT WOULD NOT BE MY LIFE WITHOUT DRAMA

I was unexpectedly "forced" to stop training for a while due to some drama around the Cabbagetown Boxing Club involving a specific coach. If you read my entries regularly, you already know who I am talking about.

Okay, so this is basically what happened.
One of the coaches, not my coach, falsified an injury. The fact is that I wasn't injured and there was no report from a medical professional stating otherwise. As a matter of fact, my own physician was able to verify that there wasn't an injury, but of course, all of the other coaches including my own, told me that I had to take time off from training.
I can understand that there are unfortunate situations where an athlete gets injured and has to take time off. That wouldn't bother me, but for the fact that in my case the injury was "made up" by a coach who already thinks that I am "too old to be a boxer".

Yes.

Do you understand my point now?

The most disturbing thing about this is that I am concerned about the impact this is going to have on my training for the Brampton Cup.
I have been off for two weeks, so that means that my opponent is already going to have two weeks on me before anything else.

The one good thing about it is that the gym is investigating the "ageism" of that particular coach as this was not an isolated incident.

I will be able to train again starting next week, but I have a lot to do. The tournament will be here soon. The Brampton Cup starts on February 1. That really isn't that far away. Registration is already open.

As you can imagine, this is a very nig thing for me.
The last time I competed was in December of 2018 and it was a piss-poor performance.
For five years that poor performance has been staring in my face, so the fact that my coach invited me to go to this one was a big deal. It means that he trusts me that I am not going to screw up and I absolutely can not do that.
I am going to settle for nothing less than Gold.








NEXT ENTRY: December 16/2023 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer, training since 1982.

Political lean: None. (middle)

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs): INTJ

Education: College Diploma (Applied Arts)

Lives in: Toronto, Ontario, Canada  (The Junction/Stockyards Village)

Born in: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Entertainment Likes: Rock music and psychological drama films

Favorite books: Fahrenheit 451, The Catcher In the Rye, Slaughterhouse-Five, Of Mice and Men, 1984

BOXING STATS

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
76 kg (170 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ON HIATUS

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Mon: 0900-1100
Wed. 0900-1030
Fri. 0900-1100

COMPETITION STATUS:
 ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
Brampton Cup Tournament (TENTATIVE)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment