ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Report For the First Week of April

 

    ENTRY 539| APRIL 6/2024


WEEKLY SPARRING REPORT

THIS WEEK;  10 ROUNDS
FOCUS:  FOOTWORK

This week I did a total of 10 rounds of good sparring with the coach wanting me to concentrate on moving around the ring.
It went well.
During Tuesday's session, I struck my sparing partner in the liver. Yes. A nice liver shot. He didn't like that, I made the mistake of trying to do it again but as I was on my way in he nailed me in the forehead with a nice stiff jab that threw my head back.
Okay. Lucky punch. That's all.


SPECIAL ENTRY TOMORROW

I will have a special blog tomorrow. It will be part one of a series about how poorly boxing is portrayed in movies and TV.





NEXT ENTRY: April 7 /2024  (SPECIAL)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer, training since 1982.

Political lean: None. (middle)

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs): INTJ

Education: College Diploma (Applied Arts)

Lives in: Toronto, Ontario, Canada  (The Junction/Stockyards Village)

Born in: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Entertainment Likes: Rock music and psychological drama films

Favorite books: Fahrenheit 451, The Catcher In the Rye, Slaughterhouse-Five, Of Mice and Men, 1984

BOXING STATS

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
77 kg (173 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)
Southpaw (right lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Mon: 0930-1100
Tue 1700-1900
Thu 1700-1900
Sat 1100-1230

COMPETITION STATUS:
ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn


No comments:

Post a Comment