ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Someone "Blew Up" the Brampton Cup

 

    ENTRY 526| JANUARY 6 /2024


WHO BLEW UP THE BRAMPTON CUP???


It was back-to-work training for the Brampton Cup this week, but has it all been for nothing?

On Thursday I checked the Brampton Cup entries and there were 317. Keeping in mind that there was a cutoff at 480 I figured I still had a lot of time so on Friday after confirming with my coach that I was going to put in my name for the tournament, I couldn't because the registration had been closed to due reaching the cap in registrants.
I was a bit pissed because I didn't understand how they could get over 100 registrants in less than a day. Somebody ble up the Brampton cup and screwed a lot of us out of the chance.
The Cabbagetown Boxing Club only managed to get three in, and two are in the Funbbox category. I noticed that some clubs didn't get any. For example, I didn't see any entries for the Stockyards Boxing Club and they usually have at least a couple of entrants.
The coaches are going to try to get me and at least another Cabbagetown boxer into the tournament as "late entries", but even if it doesn't happen, it gives me more time to train for the next one. I will be better next time.

Part of the reason for the "blow up|" was the number of entries from outside of Ontario. I have even seen boxers from the U.S. wanting to get in.
The problem is that a lot of these boxers don't qualify and will end up having to drop out.
I have a suggestion for Boxing Ontario (not that they take any of my suggestions), but here it is anyway: Since this is an Ontario event, they should restrict entries to Ontario boxers only at 
first.  After that, if they still need more athletes, open it up to everyone.
That will ensure that local athletes can have a fair try at it.
That makes sense, doesn't it?
Of course, it does, which is exactly why Boxing Ontario won't ever consider doing it.






NEXT ENTRY: January 13 /2024 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer, training since 1982.

Political lean: None. (middle)

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs): INTJ

Education: College Diploma (Applied Arts)

Lives in: Toronto, Ontario, Canada  (The Junction/Stockyards Village)

Born in: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Entertainment Likes: Rock music and psychological drama films

Favorite books: Fahrenheit 451, The Catcher In the Rye, Slaughterhouse-Five, Of Mice and Men, 1984

BOXING STATS

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
76 kg (170 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Mon: 0900-1100
Tue 1730-1900
Thu 1730-1900
Sat 1100-1300

COMPETITION STATUS:
ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
Brampton Cup Tournament 
February 1,2,3,4 (TENTATIVE)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment