ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, January 27, 2024

If Yo0u Can't Take A Punch...

 

    ENTRY 529| JANUARY 27 /2024


 ...YOU SHOULDN'T BE A BOXER


Words of wisdom from my coach.
He said that during a sparring session last week.
That statement can't be more true.
He said it after my sparring partner landed a good uppercut to my body and a let out a rather interesting heaving sound. However, it didn't phase me. I just kept right on going.  
Getting struck is fine for me. If it did I wouldn't be involved in a combat sport, just as the coach said. That all-important phrase: "If you can't take a punch, you shouldn't be a boxer". 
He is absolutely right, but after he said I wasn't doing sit-ups. I do. Every day even when I am not at the gym. When I do them at the gym, I purposely do them right in from of the coach. 
He knows I work hard. He just likes to bust my ass, and I really don't mind that he does that. He does it because he cares about his athletes and only wants the best for them.
I appreciate and respect my coach a lot and as I keep mentioning here, he has done a lot for me and I work very hard in return.

I really want to compete again sometime this year. 
As I had mentioned in a previous post, my next bout will be my last in the Novice Division. After that, a whole new chapter in my boing life will open.
Therefore, I am continuing to work very hard and follow the coach's instructions.
I continue to train four time per week of at least 90 minutes each time although I now have no chance of going to the Brampton Cup, I hope something else comes along.
You know that I won't come right out and ask. I will just give subtle hints.

Like this one.





NEXT ENTRY: January 27 /2024 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer, training since 1982.

Political lean: None. (middle)

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs): INTJ

Education: College Diploma (Applied Arts)

Lives in: Toronto, Ontario, Canada  (The Junction/Stockyards Village)

Born in: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Entertainment Likes: Rock music and psychological drama films

Favorite books: Fahrenheit 451, The Catcher In the Rye, Slaughterhouse-Five, Of Mice and Men, 1984

BOXING STATS

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
76 kg (170 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Mon: 0900-1100
Tue 1730-1900
Thu 1730-1900
Sat 1100-1300

COMPETITION STATUS:
ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment