ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Lights...Action...No

ENTRY 203




A Break From Training, But Still No Rest

Not a lot happening this week, as I took the usual post-bout rest.
I will be returning for sparring on Saturday morning as requested by Coach Richard.

Other than that, I have been taking time to prepare for my move.
I will be taking possession of the new apartment at the end of October, and don't have to be out of the craphole I am in now until the end of November.
That gives me an entire month to slowly move. Less stress.
I will just need to rent a small truck near the end of November to move the large items. 
Although, a lot of my old crappy furniture will not be moving with me. I will be getting new stuff after I move. 
Somebody gave me a sofa. Thank you. 
It will be moved into the new place next month.

I will also be selling a lot of stuff.
Look here in the upcoming weeks for stuff for sale.


Camera Fail

Well, bad news for those who were on the second-half of last Saturday's card and want to see their bout. 
This was the first time Metropolis TV used two cameras. 
For those who have seen my bout on Dailymotion, it turned out well.
However, we had an issue after the second-half of the card. Both cameras had flashing "ERROR' codes on them  Yes, both cameras!

Apparently the files became corrupt during recording on both damn cameras, so we don't even have a backup.
Someone explain to me how two different cameras can both simultaneously fail?
I can tell you. My crappy luck/crappy life.

There is over 10 GB of video there, but it can not be accessed.
Apparently the ID Tags are corrupt. The videos are there, but without Tags.
For those not familiar with digital video: When you stop recording a digital video, it writes an ID Tag at the start of the file that tells the computer, or whatever device you are trying to view the file, "This is a video".
Without the ID Tag, the computer does not know how to handle the file, so when you try to play it, it gives an error. "Unsupported File Format".
Also, these are MP4 files, which are very difficult to repair due to the type of compression that is used.
I have been trying all week to fix them, with no avail. 
There is a software that you can get that can fix corrupt Tags on MP4 files, but it costs $85.
I really don't see the point of investing $85 in a software I am only going to use once.

Unfortunately, it looks like Leo and Trace may be out of luck for seeing their bouts on video.

Sorry, guys. 
Blame technology.

Also, follow the Metropolis TV channel on Dailymotion for archived boxing events from Stockyards Boxing, as we move our content from YouTube.
Programming will be re-edited, and will feature highlight packages, commentaries, and more.


Canada Post Does It Again

Last week the sheriff's office sent me a Juror's Slection Form. 
For those who have been lucky enough to never receive one (this is my second), these have to be returned within five days. It is a criminal offence to not return it on time.
Well my buddies at Canada Post delivered it to my neighbour's address, and she only checks mail once a week.
She brought me this letter now five days after it was sent. I put it my "Mail In" slot, where I. in the course of trying to go on with my life, forgot it was there.
We are now at ten days.
My intent now is to drop it into a mailbox on my way to sparring on Saturday morning, and hope the Court Services doesn't come after me.

Although, technically, it is "within five days of receipt", and it is five days.
It's not my fault Canada Post are idiots?






Another big week of auctions for me:




I really only wanted the shoes, but now I have a new pair of bag gloves as well.



These are normally very expensive. I have seen these for up to $40.
This one does not fit my big computer monitor, which was my original idea. I wanted to just cover the main (center) part of the screen, but it does not sit flush on the monitor, and it makes it out of focus, so I am using it for my secondary monitor, which is smaller.

Also won this week: More coins and bank notes currency from Platinum Liquidations for my collector friend, I won at $4, and a small assortment of electronics accessories for $5 from the Police Auction. Included in the electronics lot is a charger for my Canon Rebel camera. 
I wanted a spare, which was the main reason I bid on that lot.

I am going to cut down on the auctions for a while. It is a lot of travelling by bus to go to all these sites for item pick-up, and also as I am moving, I don't need any more crap to have to move.


That is all for this entry.
Sparring report from Saturday, and more, in the next entry.



-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 
 September 27 /2014  vs. Matt Standish [Loss by Decision]
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision]
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat, sparring twice weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé
Trainer: Junmar Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 66
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead)
Style: Technical
Status:  ACTIVE
--------------------------------------------------
TRAINING  Sep 27 -Oct 3
Sat  [OFF, Post-fight]
Sun  [OFF, Post-fight]
Mon  [OFF, Post-fight]
Tues   [OFF, Post-fight]
Wed  [OFF, Post-fight]
Thurs  [OFF, Post-fight]
Fri  [OFF, Post-fight]
----------------------------------------------------
SPARRING
No sparring this week. Post-fight.
-------------------------------------
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
         Fri  187/85           
------------------------------





LINKS


CJJQ-FM FEED (Adrenaline Radio, 24/7 workout music) via shoutcast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment