ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, July 18, 2015

"The Meathook" Returns

ENTRY 243



The Return Of "The Meathook"

Matt returned to Stockyards after a bit of a hiatus. 
We sparred three rounds under the supervision of Will from the Bramalea Boxing Club.

One thing I really like about Will is that he will stop boxers during sparring to give pointers.

Anyway, it was great to spar Matt again. He pointed out something I was missing.
Thank you for your help.

"Southpaw"

I now have 1500 Scene points. Good for 15 free movie admissions.
The thing is, I never go to the theatre, except when there is a boxing movie, which isn't often.
The last film I saw in a theatre was "Grudge Match". 
Although, there was one after that called "A Fighting Man". That one kind of slipped by me.
However, this one won't. I will go my first night off after it comes out (July 24).
I will be sure to provide a review.


Update On the "Dunce Awards"

It has been a while since I have mentioned these.
Oh yes. They are still happening, but with a few surprises.

First off, let me say that three former nominees have been removed. 
These three companies are no longer in the running for being dunce, due to their constant 
attempts at improving customer service.
However, that being said, one has been added.

REMOVED:
  • Jane-Finch Mall (removed March 2015) for making a strong effort to correct concerns about safety and guest comfort.
  • Rogers Communications (removed April 2015) for making attempts to improve customer relations.
  • Toronto Transit Commission (removed July 2015) for improving customer relations and attempting to correct problems with service reliability. Although there is still a lot of improving to do, I believe they are making a good effort.

ADDED:
  • braingle.com (added July 2015) See explanation below.


brianagle.com is an interactive web site where users can submit quizzes and brain-teasers for other users to try.

Well I submitted a couple, and they rejected them.

Here is why:

For one. They are trying to tell me that my sentences are incomplete, and with incorrect punctuation.



Really? 
They are going to argue sentence structure, and punctuation with someone who graduated with an "A" average in college-level English?
There is nothing wrong with my sentence structure. A complete sentence only needs to contain a singe noun.

Now, mathematics is different. My take on math is, "calculators were invented for a reason."

There is more.


Really?
Well, it must be great for you to have all kinds of time to do that.
I don't. I am busy with something called "work".

For the other quiz: 


Again, with the sentence structure bullshit.
Also, I wrote two sentences for the summary. Is that not enough? What the hell do they want? A novel?


Oh, really?
Maybe I need to go back to one of those high-quality public schools in Florida to re-learn that.

By-the-way, look at their sentences. 
The fist letter after a colon is supposed to be capitalized.
Rember that from Grade 3?

Let's try this: "Fuck you."
Is that a proper sentence?
Yes. It contains the noun, and also a verb.
Very good.

This is the problem with these user-submission web sites. 
Who benefits from the submissions? The web site, right?

I understand they don't want people submitting garbage, but what I submitted was not garbage, and it was not wrong. It was just not in the format they wanted.
I understand that when you have so many submissions from so many people, they want some kind of standardization. That's fine, but don't say its wrong, because it isn't.

I was going to buy a subscription to the site for $30 per year.
Its true, I was ready, but because of this, now I am not.
The wife and I went to Jumbo Burger instead.

See, they lost a subscription over this.
When you rely on submissions, you can't be too picky.

I am going to keep submitting to this site. I want to see if any one from Brainagle is reading this, paying attention, or even cares.

Remember, everything I do, I do for a reason.
I am testing you.

Braingle is being tested right now. Tested to see if they qualify for nomination for the 2015 Dunce Awards. 
hey do, and right now they are winning.

Here is the proposed banner for Braingle, if they win:

Don't forget.
I can be in or near your business at any time, any place, or on one of your vehicles.

If you see my amazingly handsome face, referenced in the banners at the top and below,
or you see one of these remarkable usernames on your website, forum or chatroom;

'paulbrec'  or   'thebrick'   or any combination of them, you are being tested!

Big Brother is watching!



REMEMBER:







*****************************************************
ONTARIO COACHES:

IF YOU HAVE A MASTER WHO WANTS TO COMPETE

I AM LOOKING FOR A 40+ NOVICE IN THE 81 KG DIVISION

PLEASE CONTACT COACH RICHARD SOUCÉ AT STOCKYARDS BOXING.

********************************************************



"The Brick"
Next scheduled bout: August 1 @ Brant Curling Club, on standby




"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  178 lbs / 80 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 130 
HR stressed, after sparring  132 - 138 




                                                                          
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: August 1
Training schedule: Fri, Sun (Bloor), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (Stockyards).  Sparring  3 - 4 times weekly.
Coaches: Richard Soucé, Junmar Emon, Will (Bramalea)
----------------------------------------------------






THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.




Mississauaga

No comments:

Post a Comment