ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, September 25, 2015

Opponent Confirmed For October 10 !

ENTRY 262



Opponent Confirmed For October 10 !

I have a confirmed opponent for October 10.
I will be fighting Andy Ragonia from Big Tyme Boxing in Orangeville.

I am told that he is a big guy and likes to brawl.
Coach Richard has been giving me some specific pointers on how to deal with a brawler.
I have also been doing some training with Coach Will from Brampton.

This guy also has no wins on his record, as I. That means that after October 10, one of us will no longer have a "0" in the "W" column.
That should make things a bit more interesting.

I am inviting all readers in the area to please come out and support the Stockyards boxing team on October 10, and you will get to see all of Stockyards' great athletes in action, including myself..

For more information on this event, contact Stockyards Boxing and Fitness.

Also look in the scroll bar at the top of this blog. It is frequently updated with Toronto boxing news and events, including upcoming cards.

Also, please vote on the poll at the top right. As always, I like to get my readers involved.
Who do you think will win on October 10, and how?


Sparring Report For Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

I did two rounds each day on Tuesday and Wednesday, and six rounds on Thursday.
Since I have a bout coming up, I am not going to discuss my training, especially any techniques.
All I am going to say is that I will be in training daily from now until October 9. Training will include, but not limited to, sprints across the George Bell parking lot, laps around Runnymede Park, sit-ups, push-ups, strength and resistance training for upper body, many cycles on the treadmill for cardio and legs.
I will be at Stockyards from Sunday to Thursday, and at Bloor on Fridays and Saturdays.
My diet will also be adjusted accordingly. I will increase fruits and veggie intake, and reduce pasta, white rice, and white bread.
Sugar and salt have already been removed from my diet for the past year.


Congrats To Stockyards Boxing

BlogTO recently released a compilation of their picks for best boxing gyms in Toronto.
Stockyards Boxing ranked number four. Which is not bad for a gym that has only been around for four years.

They ranked Clancy's as number one.

These are, of course, the opinion of the staff at BlogTO. 

They ranked Kingsway as number 10, and in my opinion Kingsway should be dead-bottom.

My only concern is that the photo they are using to represent Kingsway Boxing Club, I am in it. That means that the photo is over four years old.
I don't mind that they use it. I just want it make it clear that I am no longer in any way associated with the Kingsway Boxing Club. I am dedicated to Stockyards Boxing. I am registered to Stockyards through Boxing Ontario. That is my one and only gym for technical boxing training, 



Dealing With Non-Supporters

It has been brought to my attention, that there are a few people who don't support me and what I do. 
That is fine. That is what sports are all about.
However, the disturbing part is that some have been going as far as to make fun of me and this blog.
Let me start off by saying that behaviour is extremely childish.  
I work very hard on this column, and at boxing.
Which brings me to my second point.
Let me see you do better.
Keep in mind, I am almost 50, and there are people half my age who can not do what I do, nor do they have the balls to even attempt to step into the ring.
I have seen 25 year-olds, drop to their knees crying and puking after running a couple of blocks. I do at least three-times that, plus an hour of other heavy-duty exercise and sparring...every damn day.
So, until you get your fat butts off the sofa and can do better, button your fat faces.

There. That is how you deal with that.


========================================


"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:














"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:




215 Ryding Ave. Toronto





"The Brick"

Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) 
 Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
   Current:  188 lbs / 84 kg 
                                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment