ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What's New?

ENTRY 261


Sparring Report For Monday

Six rounds on Monday.
Junmar was in charge of sparring, and he was pushing us. He was keeping us from getting too lazy in the ring. 
I have to say that I sometimes get into the habit of not being busy enough. I am happy that Junmar pushes me to be busy. After all, once I am in competition, it will be no walk in the park.
I was really sore in the arms and legs after sparring, and that is a good thing. It is a sign of really working hard.


NEW!

As you all may (should) have noticed the changes to this column.
A new banner, and new entries on the sidebars. Plus, the two new scrolling marquees at the top.
In an effort to un-clutter, or is it de-clutter? 
Anyway, "Announcements" has been moved to a new permanent bar at the top.
Also, coming soon, will be the results of the Stockyards' Fight Night cards. Although, results are posted by Boxing Ontario, it is often a month or two before the results are publicly posted. Since I attend all of the Stockyards' Fight Nights, I can post the results immediately. Since it will be on a scroll bar separate from the rest of the blog, the results can be posted without having to do a complete blog update. 
Stockyards' next card will be on October 10. 
There are many other boxing shows in Toronto over the next couple of months. Please support your local boxers, and come out to a show. Check the "Announcements" scroll above for upcoming cards. Contact the appropriate gym for more information.

Also new is the email box to the left. Please send me questions or comments about this blog, about boxing, or to submit a boxing-related announcement for the scroll bar.


They're Baaa-ack! The Dunce Awards

"Dunce Awards" had been moved to one of my other blogs, but will be returning to this one shortly.

I know I had said that I would cut down on complaining on this blog. 
I am, but that does not mean cutting out.
The Dunce Awards are going to remain.
There are a couple of reasons for this. 
One, is that this column gets a lot of visits on a weekly basis. That makes it a very powerful tool. As I think I once mentioned before, there is nothing wrong with creative complaining, or as I like to call it "feedback". 
The second reason is that my spin-off blogs are not doing so well.
I have therefore suspended publication on both of them, so I can concentrate on this one.

"Dunce Awards" is intended to help improve the customer experience. It is not really meant for complaining. That is why I call it "feedback".
I hope that when businesses see that they are nominated for a Dunce Award, they will change for the better.
Currently, there are three nominees.

I am considering running the Dunce Awards permanently on a sidebar, instead of a paragraph entry within the blog. 

Look for "Dunce Awards" returning soon to the Blue Corner..


========================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:














"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:




215 Ryding Ave. Toronto





"The Brick"

Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) 
 Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
   Current:  186 lbs / 83 kg 
                                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment