ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, September 11, 2015

Sparring "Newt" and My Boxing Trivia Is Now On!

ENTRY 258


Sparring Report: Thursday

For some reason, I did not get to spar on Wednesday, but I got to do three rounds on Thursday.

Richard had me spar Newton.
Newton is a very small guy. He must weigh only 130 soaking wet.

Richard likes me to spar him, because he is very fast, and makes me move a lot.
That is true, but I hit a lot harder.
I made him bleed, and felt bad about it.
I would not feel bad if the guy is my size or bigger, but it was like I was beating up on a guy smaller than I.
When I spar him again, I am not going to hit so hard. It really isn't fair.

After that, I did four sets of sprints, and two laps around the park.
On Wednesday, in lieu of sparring, I did 10 sets of sprints, and three laps.
Today, my legs feel like they are about to fall off.


Boxing Trivia Quiz Finally Available


Well, after only about three months, the administrators at braingle.com finally accepted my boxing quiz.
They were insisting that I provided proof that my answers were correct. Although I am a boxer and already know the sport, they insisted that I prove the accuracy of my answers. 
Well, initially I wasn't going to bother, but you all know how I always put up a fight when I know I'm right.
I did about 600 pages of research, submitted it to them, and on Thursday, I received an email that my trivia was accepted.

Now, lets get people to try it.

Test your knowledge of boxing, with these 12 questions:
"ROUND ONE"
Will there be a Round Two?
Maybe.
I was seriously thinking about it, but it is a lot of work.




STOCKYARDS BOXING GYM

OCTOBER 10, Tickets available soon, card TBA

NOVEMBER 21, Card TBA

BLOOR STREET FITNESS

OCTOBER 3, Tickets available soon, card TBA



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Comments From the Blue Corner" is published twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"The Brick" is looking for opponents for October 10 and November 21 at George Bell Arena in Toronto.
If you are a registered Master, in Novice Division, 81 kg Class, and want to take on "The Brick", contact myself or Coach Richard Soucé at Stockyards Boxing.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  180 lbs / 81 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 132 
HR stressed, after sparring  130 - 138 




                                                                         
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: October 10
Training schedule: Under Review
Coach: Richard SoucĂ© 
----------------------------------------------------




THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment