ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

"The Brick's" Seventh Anniversary

ENTRY 257


This Is A Banner Week For 'The Brick'

It has been seven years from this week that I returned to boxing from a 16-year hiatus.

It was the second week of September when I started "boxing lessons" at Bloor Fitness, when it was a boxing gym, and Richard and Junmar were still working there.

When boxing at Bloor started going downhill, I moved to Kingway Boxing Club, but was only there eight months.
I was not happy with their bullshit, and it was at about a month before I left Kingway, that I found out about Richard starting his own boxing gym, so my days at Kingsway were numbered anyway.
I was given the boot from Kingsway exactly two weeks before Richard officially opened Stockyards.

Interestingly, after seven years, I still have a membership at Bloor Fitness.
Things have happened over the years while I was with them, and all are logged at various places throughout this blog. Unfortunately, most of my experiences there were not very positive.
Ultimately, the convenience of having a 24/7 access is really the only thing that keeps me there.
Apparently, there are other Stockyards' members who also still hold a Bloor membership.

Bloor is good for cardo training, and they still have heavy bags on the second floor.
I trained almost all last week at Bloor, since I could not attend Stockyards due to having an oddball work schedule.

Kingsway was good for nothing.
That was a waste of eight months, and unreasonably expensive at that.

I have to say that I saw the most advancement at Stockyards.

There are moments even at Stockyards when I just want to rip someone's face right off, but it always seems to work out,
I guess that explains why I can never really leave Stockyards. It is like a second home for me.

I will be returning to Stockyards more often, since work has put me on a fixed nights-only schedule.

Here is to another seven years of boxing.



Mike Tyson Visits Toronto, Again

One of my favourite boxers of all time was in Toronto this past weekend.
Mike Tyson was a guest at Fan Expo.
It has been just about a year since the last time he was here, and that is when I gained the most respect for him. 
That is when he told Nathan Downer to fuck off on live TV.
Mike Tyson Tells Off Nathan Downer
Do you have any idea how long I have been wanting to do that?



This photo is from last year when Mike Tyson met Mayor Rob Ford, and called him "The best mayor ever".
Okay, so Mike Tyson isn't up on politics. 
Who really is?







I would have paid the $60 admission to Fan Expo just to meet Mike Tyson, but I was in Hamilton.

Read more about my weekend experience in Hamilton here: The World According To 'The Brick' -Entry 2





STOCKYARDS BOXING GYM

OCTOBER 10, Tickets available soon, card TBA

NOVEMBER 21, Card TBA

BLOOR STREET FITNESS

OCTOBER 3, Tickets available soon, card TBA




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Comments From the Blue Corner" is published twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"The Brick" is looking for opponents for October 10 and November 21 at George Bell Arena in Toronto.
If you are a registered Master, in Novice Division, 81 kg Class, and want to take on "The Brick", contact myself or Coach Richard Soucé at Stockyards Boxing.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  180 lbs / 81 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 132 
HR stressed, after sparring  130 - 138 




                                                                         
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: October 10
Training schedule: Under Review
Coach: Richard SoucĂ© 
----------------------------------------------------




THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment