ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, January 8, 2016

More Sparring and A Killer Diet

ENTRY 288



BUSY SPARRING WEEK

I was able to spar every day this week except one.
I sparred two rounds with Ed every day, Monday to Wednesday. 
I was not able to get my 8-round target for the week, but I hope to spar on Sunday.
When I trained with Will on Thursday, he told me that he wanted me sparring as much as possible, but for some reason did not want me sparring at that time. 

I know I need a lot more ring time. I need a lot of practise to do well at the Brampton Cup.
I have to do well at the Cup. I have to make up for the horrible, unforgivable, unforgettable loss last October, of which we will no longer talk about.


DIETING

As I promised both Richard and Will that I would drop a weight-class. Although, I don't know if it realistic to drop over 20 pounds as suggested by Richard. My metabolism is not what it used to be, and my physician has suggested that it would not be healthy to drop so much in so little time.
I agree, as an athlete, I need to watch my diet.
I have been doing that for a while, but I need to do better. Especially now, with a major tournament coming up.

I lost a bit since the Holidays, but I am aiming for a bit more.

I found out a few interesting things about diet, that I did not know before.
I found out that the following foods will actually help you trim off weight: Eggs, beans, and potatoes (boiled or baked). 
You know, those three things with a veggie, make a great meal on their own.
The reason they help lose weight is that they are filling, and therefore you eat less of other things. Also, these foods alone, have all of the minerals, vitamins and protein that you need.
I have been eating that with some steamed broccoli and cauliflower. 
Tasty and good for you.

I also found out that canola oil is not as healthy as most people think. I found that it is better to use coconut oil.
I don't even know where to get coconut oil, and if I did, it is probably really freaking expensive.

I have cut sugar out of my diet and have replaced it with Stevia. 
For those who have not heard of it. It is a sugar supplement that is really expensive and tastes like crap. 
It is a natural part of the sugar plant. However, it is no-calorie, and does not increase blood-glucose, so it is suitable for a diabetic diet.
Even if you are not diabetic, who needs a higher glucose level?
It is really only good to use in coffee or cooking, since it is wickedly bitter on its own, but somehow when added to other foods, acts like a sweetener.


That is all I have for this entry, as I train on and diet on.
Just over three weeks to the Brampton Cup.


======================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================




"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION IN PROGRESS




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"







No comments:

Post a Comment