ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, January 22, 2016

Almost Made the Weight

ENTRY 292



TWO WEEKS TO GO...

We are now getting down to the wire, with just two weeks to the Brampton Cup. Coach Will, Coach Richard, and the rest of the team are working hard together. We are going to 'bring it' to Brampton on February 5.

Here is this week's training log:

Wednesday

Training with Coach Richard: 15 mins. of stretching and warm-up,  5 rounds of shadow boxing, 200 squats, 30 push-ups, 50 dips, 2 rounds of sparring  w/ focus on offense,10 mins. abdominal conditioning, 1 round of shadow boxing with weights, 5 rounds on heavy bag, stretching and cool-down. 
Weigh-in @ 185/84. Total time at gym: 1 hr. 30 mins.

Thursday

Training with Coach Will: 15 mins. of stretching and warm-up, 4 rounds of shadowboxing, 30 push-ups, 100 squats, 30 dips, 6 rounds of sparring w/ focus on defence and counter. 15 mins. abdominal conditioning, 5 rounds on heavy bag, stretching and cool-down.
Weigh-in @ 185/84. Total time at gym: 2 hrs.  

Friday

Training with no coach:  1 hour on treadmill. 30 mins. weight training 
Weigh-in @ 184/83. Total time at gym: 1 hr. 30 mins. 


Next training session with Coach Will on Sunday.


ALMOST MADE THE WEIGHT

I have to say I am very happy. 
I have dropped a lot in the last month, after peaking at 191 pounds just before the holidays, and challenged by both coaches to drop to 170.
I didn't make 170, and I honestly didn't think I would.
After my session at Bloor on Friday, I weighed in at 184.
However, I just stepped off the scale before writing this, and I was 182.6.

The question is, can I get to 180 by the Brampoton Cup?
Yes.
Will I make it to 180 by the Brampton Cup?
Yes.
Will I eventually make it to 170?
Yes.
That will be my goal for the summer.


TAKING THE BUS ?

With all this talk about weight loss, training and exersise, you would think I do a lot of walking.
Well, I do. Most of the time.

However, on Thursday I was tired and sore from Will's killer training session. 
I was leaving the Stockyards Walmart, and I saw a very rare sight. A bus. 
There was a 79B just up the street, and I thought, 'Screw it, I'm not walking to Jane Street today'.
I took the 79B for two blocks to Jane Street, and then a 35 three blocks to my apartment building.
Yes, I know. It is crazy to take a bus for just a few blocks. Especially for someone like myself. 
You know, I usually do walk, but that time I didn't feel like it...so, shut up!


======================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================




"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION IN PROGRESS




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"







No comments:

Post a Comment