ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Revved Up Like A Deuce...

ENTRY 293


...Another Runner In the Night

Well, I was a bit stressed on the weekend.
I sparred on Monday and Tuesday, and that helped to decrease the stress.
Although, I don't spar just for stress, it does help. Just like any intense exercise, it will reduce stress among other health benefits.
Boxing is good for you.

As I mentioned in my special entry, I was over-worked, but I have to say that it may have been partly my fault. I have really been training my butt off for this tournament. I mean, I can't help but to think back at the catastrophic fail from back in October. For that to happen again, I don't know if I could handle it.
Plus, I still have the Silver Gloves coming up.
However, I don't think I will have to do any crazy-ass training. I will slow down for a couple of weeks, then rev up again about a month before the next tournament.
I have also signed up for the Fight To End Cancer charity event happening in June at the Old Mill.
I received an email from them yesterday to thank me for registering, and that I was on stand-by as they match opponents.
That will be fun. I like charity boxing, and this is for a very good cause.

One of the things that coaches have noticed is that I need to work a lot on conditioning. Even though my rounds will only be 1.5 minutes, that is still of 4.5 minutes in the ring of intense activity.
Running is a great way to improve conditioning...and, yes, I run daily nightly.
Yes, I run at night.
I do that because being winter, I don't have much choice with the shorter days. Also, there are fewer people to smash into.

Seven more days of training until the Brampton Cup, and only two more with Coach Will.
The guys going to the Cup will likely not train next Thursday. That means Wednesday to Friday this week, and Sunday to Wednesday next week.
Friday is the preliminaries at the Brampton Soccer Centre.

Wow. Now that I am thinking about it, it is giving me butterflies.

All I can do is keep working, stay ready, and not get Blinded By the Light.


======================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================




"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION IN PROGRESS




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"








No comments:

Post a Comment