ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, February 12, 2017

OBA Golden Gloves...Not Your Traditional Tournament (Any More)


ENTRY 385



THE (NEW) GOLDEN GLOVES?

I am now officially in training for the Golden Gloves. 
This years' Gloves are going to be a bit different.
Instead of being compressed into one weekend, they are being held over a period of a few weeks.
I am not sure of the exact week they will be starting and if they will be held all at the same location, or at a different location each time. These have yet to be announced.

The reason for 'uncompressing' the tournament as provided by the Ontario Boxing Association is that it is less stress for the athletes.
That is true, but I think there is more to it than that.
They gave the reason that the government does not like that boxers are stressed so much in one weekend.
That doesn't make sense. Why would the government care about that? The government barely cares about the things they should be caring about.
It is more likely that they (OBA) are trying to save money by not needing to rent a hall for the entire weekend.
You know, I really can't blame them for that. 
Also, they are right about putting too much stress on the athletes. It would be a lot better for the boxers to compete once per week instead of four or five times in two or three days.
I think it is worth a try. It could turn out to be interesting. Especially if they are each held at a different gym.
However, my only concern is transportation, but that is something that can be worked out later. Maybe I can get coach to drive me. It is not as if any of these are going to be that far away from Toronto. All the OBA sanctioned gyms are within two hours of Toronto.

Training hard and looking forward to my first Golden Gloves.





'GOPRO' IS A HIT !


During the last Stockyards' Boxing was the first time I introduced the use of the GoPro on one of the ring poles.
As per the viewer retention stats from YouTube, the parts where the GoPro was used have a higher viewer rating than the rest of the production.
That means that the GoPro shots were a hit.
Now that I have two GoPro type cams, my idea for future boxing coverage is to put one on each white corner pole.
I will be testing this at the Toronto Boxing Academy during sparring sessions over the next couple of weeks.

While I am on the topic of video production, I have to put a pause to the vlogs.
My original idea was to do a lot more outdoors, and since the weather in this area has not really been 'outdoor friendly' lately, I will be taking a break with the vlog productions until I can do more outside.

--The Brick


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE SPRAWL' VLOG ARCHIVE  
=================================================================
ENTRY 001  JANUARY 4 2017   "Another Brick In the Sprawl, pt. 2"   
ENTRY 002  JANUARY 11 2017  "Crappy Computers and Electronics"
ENTRY 003  JANUARY 18 2017  "I Listen To Weird Music?"
ENTRY 004  JANUARY 26 2017  "Why You Should Not Lease From EasyHome"
ENTRY 005  FEBRUARY 2 2017  "Can You Show Me How To Edit?"

=======================================================+=======



===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, some Saturdays

--and--

2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment