ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sparring In Ottawa Is On the Bucket List


ENTRY 387


SPARRING LAST WEEK, BUT IS IT ENOUGH?

I did four good rounds with Coach Sarah on Thursday.
That is great for technical work. 
She is awesome for teaching technical and I appreciate that. However, as I found out the hard way in December, technical alone is not enough.
I need to work on brute power as well. Inflict some blunt force trauma.
I need to spar some really big guys who are not going to be at all bothered by getting hit really hard. 

There is a guy at Stockyards I can spar sometimes, but I still have to find out if I am covered to spar there. Boxing Ontario certainly will not cover me.

In the meantime, I have also had invites to spar in Ottawa and New York.

I plan on going to Ottawa this summer anyway, so that is not a problem.

However, going to New York is a bit more difficult. There is a sparring session In April that I have been invited to.
It is interesting because they are sponsored sessions. I am not exactly sure how that works. Nevertheless, I want to go.
The problem is that I currently do not have a valid WHTI travel document. 
I am currently in the process of obtaining a Nexus, but the process is quite lengthy as it requires government security clearance from both Canada and the United States.

I do have an advantage in that my job already requires a security clearance, so it should not be difficult getting another.
Also, that I am a Canadian citizen. As per Canadian law, a citizen of Canada can never be refused entry into Canada.
That being said, I am not a U.S. citizen. Therefore, the United States does NOT have to let me in.
However, I don't see problems, but the process can take a while. I hope it is done by April.

It looks like 'The Brick' is going to be doing some travelling this year.
I have no more butts left to kick in Toronto, so I have to go elsewhere.




CONGRATS TO GODFREY AND MOHAMMED

Two of my professional boxer friends won big in Mississauga on Saturday.

Mohammed has now won six in a row, and I think this was Godfrey's first bout. At least I don't know of him having any previous.

Congratulations to both.

Mohammed wins in Mississauga, February 25.

Godfrey with coach Brock (right).

Mohammed again.


Good job.


--The Brick


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE SPRAWL' VLOG ARCHIVE  
=================================================================
ENTRY 001  JANUARY 4 2017   "Another Brick In the Sprawl, pt. 2"   
ENTRY 002  JANUARY 11 2017  "Crappy Computers and Electronics"
ENTRY 003  JANUARY 18 2017  "I Listen To Weird Music?"
ENTRY 004  JANUARY 26 2017  "Why You Should Not Lease From EasyHome"
ENTRY 005  FEBRUARY 2 2017  "Can You Show Me How To Edit?"
ENTRY 006   TBA

=======================================================+=======



===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, some Saturdays

--and--

2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment