ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, February 19, 2017

The OBA Boxing Show Schedule For 2017: _____________________


ENTRY 386



'THE BRICK' IS TICKED

Hello all. Welcome to another 'Blue Corner'.
I am not overly happy this week.

I have just been on a medical suspension, and could not do any sparring. 

I have been off suspension for over a week now, and still can't get any sparring.
I think I had a couple of light rounds last Thursday, but other than that, nothing.

I have things to work on and a lot of catching up to do.
However, I am not even sure why or what I am training for.

The Ontario Boxing Association keeps moving the dates for the Golden Gloves.
At first it was supposed to be in the spring, then they moved it to summer, and then to the fall. Now they have no idea when they want to have it.
This is a sanctioning body for boxing in Ontario and they are so disorganized.
As much as Boxing Ontario was a pain in the butt, at least they gave plenty of notice for upcoming events.

It is annoying because they really expect people to just drop their lives for the Golden Gloves?

This is more of a problem than it appears. Due to the new format of the Golden Gloves, local gyms don't want to schedule any cards until they also know what is going on.

So, here is what is happening under the OBA and all it's affiliated clubs for the next few months: Nothing.

Seriously?

Seriously.  

For now, I am remaining on the regular training schedule, because there is really nothing happening; but somebody could just drop a bout onto me at any time.. 
Well, I will just have to do my best,. After all, as much as I'd like it to, my whole life does not revolve around boxing.


--The Brick


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE SPRAWL' VLOG ARCHIVE  
=================================================================
ENTRY 001  JANUARY 4 2017   "Another Brick In the Sprawl, pt. 2"   
ENTRY 002  JANUARY 11 2017  "Crappy Computers and Electronics"
ENTRY 003  JANUARY 18 2017  "I Listen To Weird Music?"
ENTRY 004  JANUARY 26 2017  "Why You Should Not Lease From EasyHome"
ENTRY 005  FEBRUARY 2 2017  "Can You Show Me How To Edit?"
ENTRY 006   TBA

=======================================================+=======


===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, some Saturdays

--and--

2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment