ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

New Gym and Coach Is A Go: Just Lean Back

    ENTRY 425



IT IS A 'NO CONTEST'

I have decided to not have the contest to figure out my new coach.
Instead, I am just going to leave it a mystery. I think it would make things more interesting that way.
It was like not knowing what state the town of Springfield was in.

Eventually, people will find out, but until then, it is a secret.




NEW GYM AND COACH WORKING OUT  WELL

I have decided officially on joining the new gym,

A few things impressed me about it.

First of all, during my very first session, the coach was able to correct a problem that I have had since I started boxing, and it was a very easy fix.

I had always been a bit off balance due to the fact that I tended to lean a bit forward when I stepped into the jab.
This coach corrected that by just simply telling me to "Lean back". Then he created a drill for me that I did for six rounds.
He had me work on the double-ended bag. I did a step-in, jab, slip, step back, reset, and go again, but concentrate on leaning back.
This drill worked because I already knew how to do everything else. I only had to think about leaning back.

For over six years of having the same bad habit, no coach was able to fix that until now, and it was an easy fix.

I was really impressed by that.

Another thing is that this is a very traditional boxing gym. 
The are no fitness classes. This gym is for boxers only.

The boxers do not have to attend classes. Something I hated doing at the previous gym.

Classes are for beginners. Once you are at the competition level, classes are useless. They are too generalized. Competitive boxers need to be fine-tuned. 
Throwing a competitive boxer into a class and doing the same drills as everyone else is not going to help him. It may even hold him back.
Drills need to be customized for each boxer, such as my coach did for me. 
It worked.

I have a theory as to why either the coaches didn't notice or didn't care, but I can't talk about that right now because the explanation might reveal the name of my boxing club so it will have to wait.

This gym also has three training times per day. 
There are a lot of times per day when I can go in. Morning, afternoon, and evening. All for boxers-only training.

Also, my club will be hosting a boxing card sometime in the fall.
Hopefully, I will be asked to be in it since Couture would not let me be in theirs for whatever reason. 
(No comment. I am trying to keep cool and move forward.)

Moving forward, "The Brick" is starting a new chapter. Hopefully, this chapter will be a bit longer than the last.


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec



Here is a photo of the inside of my new boxing gym, I was careful to not get the name:






═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════



No comments:

Post a Comment