ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Skipping September ~ SOCAN'T

    ENTRY 433


NO BOUT ON SEPTEMBER 8, BUT SILVER GLOVES ARE COMING

They could not find anyone for me to fight for this weekend's Cabbagetown Festival. At least nobody in my weight division replied. 
What is it? Now that I have become a more than a decent boxer, nobody wants to face me?

Well, I still have a bit of work.
The trainer has put me on a program to increase endurance. 
Endurance is important in boxing. You could have the best technique, but if you get tired during the round the judges will notice that and will score against you.

I don't mind waiting and working on endurance.
I finally have coaches and trainers that care, and they put a lot of work into helping me become a better athlete. 
I am at the point now where I want to compete to win and not just to compete for the purpose of competing.

I am going to work on being ready for the Silver Gloves in October.

Going forward, my focus will be on building strength by following the trainer's advice. 

Whoever meets me in the ring next will be facing a new and improved 'Brick'.

For anyone interested, the Cabbagetown Festival is a free outdoor festival being held this weekend, September 8 and 9. There will be boxing at the Cabbagetown Boxing Club on Saturday at 2 PM.


SOCAN'T: RAdiO C\ 65 JOINS SOCAN AHEAD OF REGULATION CHANGES

RAdiO C\ 65 is currently out of service as we move and upgrade our servers.
However, we have also become a member of SOCAN.
For those who don`t know, SOCAN is an organization that distributes royalty and copyright fees to musicians and music producers.
Broadcasters have had to pay fees to SOCAN for many years, but internet streaming services were legally exempt in Canada as they were not considered to be public performances.
However, starting next year, internet stations will no longer be exempt.
That means that even for a non-commercial station like RAdiO C\ 65 will have to pay for a music license.

I don`t like the idea that a station that makes no money should have to pay for music, but such is the law. Fortunately, the fees are not very high, as they are calculated with a formula based on the station`s revenue and the station`s operating costs.

RAdiO C\ 65 will be back in about two weeks, once server testing has been completed. 
The new server will have the capacity to handle more simultaneous listeners and a bitrate of 320 kbps. 

A better RAdiO C\ 65 is coming soon.


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment