ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, September 14, 2018

Road To the Silver Gloves ~ Low Cost Medicals For Boxers

    ENTRY 434




ROAD TO THE SILVER GLOVES

I asked my coach on Tuesday if I should register for the Silver Gloves. His answer was, 'I don't see why not'.
Okay, so I'm registering but that does not mean that I will have an opponent.
However, if I don't register I definitely will not have an opponent.
Any Masters Novice out there in the 78 - 81 kg range?


COACH IS VERY HAPPY

I did target pads with the coach on Thursday and sparring on Friday.
The coach told me that he was very happy with my performance. 
In the meantime, the training coach put me on a weight-training program with the idea to increase muscle mass in my upper body and legs so I can have greater endurance in the ring.
It must be working because I have been sore all over for the past two weeks.

The things I do for this sport.


THIS SPORT IS GETTING EXPENSIVE, OR IS IT?

On Thursday, I had my physician complete my clearance for boxing.

They changed the form this year. It used to be covered as part of my standard yearly check-up and I just had to pay $25 for filling the form.
However, with the new testing procedure, my physician billed me for a full (non-routine) medical exam.
These types of exams are not covered by provincial health care, so it cost me $100.

Not one day later I found out that there is a way for boxers to get their exams completed for just $15.
Yes. The very next day. 
Such is my life.
...and people wonder why I am frequently in a bad mood.


LOW-COST MEDICAL EXAM FOR BOXERS NOW AVAILABLE

Kingsway Boxing Club on Jutland Road is hosting a session for boxers to have their medical exams done for a very reasonable price.
You must register and send your Boxing Ontario medical clearance form with the top part completed to the Kingsway Boxing Club in advance. 

For instructions and to register visit THIS LINK


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment