ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, February 25, 2011

Team Training and Conditioning: No Sweat, I Mean, Lots of Sweat!

As part of the Kingsway Team, I am required to attend team training and conditioning every Saturday. We train from 11:00 - 12:30. Training consists of an assesment, basic training, cardio and sparring. 


Kingsway Boxing Club, Ring and Strength Training Area

If you have ever wondered why boxers are in such great shape, here is why:
ASSESSMENT: Shadow boxing in front of the coach, and the coach will grade you and provide feedback.
TRAINING:  Heavy bag work, speed bag, shadow boxing and pad work, 3 rounds of each.
CARDIO/CONDITIONING:  100 Push-ups, 50 Sit-ups, 50 Burpees, 100 Squats, 50 Jumping-Jacks, jogging around the gym for 2 rounds, speed punching with dumbbells for 2 rounds.
SPARRING: 6 rounds of contact sparring.


 Kingsway Boxing Club, Technical and Cardio Training Area

Once all this is done, you are expected to show up for one more conditioning class, which pretty well repeats the above condtioning. Plus, two more days for open training to practice your assessment results.
I remember my first conditioning class at this gym, I was so sore after. However, it has not been so bad lately. A sign that I am getting stronger.
On the road to becoming a World-Class athlete. Well, everyone needs a goal.

My next scheduled match: [TBA]
My current division and class: Master's 88 kg
My current record (Kingsway): 0 - 0 - 0  //0
My next scheduled camp: Kingsway Fight Camp, April 16-17

If you are interested in competition boxing, regardless of your skill or age, contact the Kingsway Boxing Club

Paul "The Comeback Kid"

No comments:

Post a Comment