ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, October 13, 2011

One step Forward, Two Steps Back...I Used To Know How To Box

Well, I am beginning to get comfortable with my new coach. He has a completely different way of teaching...common sense.
I have so far learned a lot from Rick.  I have had a bad habit of leaning forward and becoming off balance. It is amazing that Richard was able to find a simple fix for this that was easy to understand.
It is amazing that the other boxing gym (Kingsway), made the sport so complicated. One of the coaches actually wrote a 50 or so page manual on boxing. Seriously. I still have it. Believe me, boxing is not that complicated. No wonder I was getting so confused. The object of boxing is to score points, and to keep your opponent from scoring. Yeah, imagine that!
I'm sorry to keep bringing up Kingsway, but it really annoys me the time and money I wasted there. Trust me, don't ever go to Kingsway. You are much better off going to Stockyards. You are even better off going to Bloor for that matter.
Yes, I am once again having to "start over", but this coach is very different.Between Rick's coaching, Junmar's training, and Tony's Tai Chi, I think I am in good hands.
Now, I have to discuss Bloor Fitness, again. As I have been mentioning, I am questioning what the hell is going on there. I have now heard that they want to start having live boxing again, and they are still talking about becoming certified for teaching competition boxing. That's great, but who's going to teach? They don't have any certified coaches. Is Paul going to teach? Give me a break. He has no interest in coaching. The man has a shit-fit over a bit of sparring. If he is interested in teaching, instead of lecturing, he'd coach us. If they are going to certify for competition, they have to start  allowing sparring. That is part of training for boxing.
Anyway, based on all this, I have created my fall schedule for boxing training. This schedule will be in affect until the Holidays:

SUNDAY 2:30 PM-3:30 PM, Tia Chi with Tony at Stockyards
MONDAY (off) At-home training
TUESDAY 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM, Boxing Training with Junmar at Stockyards
WEDNESDAY 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM, Open Training at Stockyards
THURSDAY 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM, Light Sparring Class with Kobe at Bloor
FRIDAY (off) At-home training
SATURDAY 10:00 AM - 12:00 NOON, Technical Boxing and Sparring with Richard at Stockyards

Paul "The Brick" Brec












No comments:

Post a Comment