ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sparring Report From Bloor and "Fight Night 2"

Well, Richard is really doing a good job on the gym. He has added a few nice touches.

Stockyards Boxing Gym
You have to like the boxing gloves hanging above the desk, but Richard, the wimpy speakers have to go.

Very "Old School"

Wimpy speakers
While I am on the topic of Stockyards, I would like to remind everyone that this Friday evening, October 21, is "Fight Night 2". Please come out and support us. The bouts start at 8:00. I will be video recording all the bouts again, and most will be available on YouTube and DVD/Blu-ray.
"Fight Night 1" is now available on hi-def Blu-ray. You get five exciting bouts from Stockyards' first boxing event. Each is $10. Contact me if interested.
There has been a bit of a change for "Fight Night 2". The arena is not allowing Richard to use the hockey change rooms, so he will have to use his broom closet change rooms. Really? Hmmm...I remember someone mentioning something like that before...? Oh, yeah, it was me. Something about Bullshit Boulevard. So, once again Paul is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......................???

Moving on to Bloor Gym. We had another very good sparring session this evening.

Sparring class, Thursdays at 8:30 PM
There were some pretty big guys in there, including one who is close to a professional level. Yes, I sparred him, and I have to say I did quite well. I was able to break right through his defense and impressed the hell out of the instructor.  Hmmm....I did well against a soon-to-be pro? Well, Pacquiao, you're next!  

Sparring instructor look on as myself and other boxer wait our turn.

I sparred this big dude on the right, he hits hard, but has weak defense.

That is all for this report. Not a lot to say. Not a lot is bothering me. Yeah, I know, surprise. Enjoy this post, it is not often I am not complaining.

Paul "The Brick" Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment