ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, October 23, 2015

Sparring Report and French Lessons (Again?)

ENTRY 269

Sparring Report

I did three rounds on Wednesday with Fabio.
He is a bit younger, but moves around a lot. In boxing, it is always good to practice movement.

On Thursday, I did some drills with Nick.
We practiced defence. Coach Richard had us working on slips and blocks for a few rounds. It was not sparring, just practice drills.
It was something different that I had not ever done at Stockyards.
I have to say it was very helpful. It was also a good work-out. I built up a sweat as if sparring.
This is definitely something I want to do at least once a week.


A Cool Way To Learn Another Language (Website Review, non-boxing)

Occasionally, I like to mention cool things that I find that are not related to boxing, but rather to other aspects of my life.
It has been my desire for a long time to learn other languages.
I wanted to start with French, since it is a Canadian language, and helps for when I travel to Montreal.
I also want to study German, since that is my background, but I have sadly never learned it.

I have been looking for a great way to learn languages. 
I have thought about part-time university, but at $450 per semester, I don't need to learn that badly,
Even through the Toronto District School Board, it is over $150 per semester. 
Better, but still, there has to be a "less-expensive" way.

Enter: "Duolingo".

This website is run by volunteers and is therefore completely free.

Duolingo offerers a series of lessons, organized by type of word or phrase.
The site then tracks your performance.
Along the way, it reuses word you learned in the past to keep you refreshed.


Lessons include written translations to and from the chosen language:


The site will even track what words you have learned:



For those interested in trying a new language, visit: www.duolingo.com.


Dunce Awards Update

Soon it will be time to pick the winner of this year's Dunce Awards.
I really do not like having to do this, but unfortunately, my life is so full of stupidity, I have no other choice.

The Mississauga banner will be removed, and replaced by this year's winner.

Currently there are only two nominees, Fun Trivia (funtrivia.com) and Rogers (Rogers Communications).
It is a close race. I wonder who will win?
Ooooooooooooo....the suspense!

======================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:




215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"
                                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment