ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Should I Really Be Surprised ???


Hi all. It has been a while since my last entry, as I have been very busy balancing my security work along with boxing training.

As  a matter-of-fact, Richard told me I was "Way behind" on sparring. I really should have been sparring at Stockyards two or three times per week since I received my registration, and that was almost two months ago. I have only sparred three-times total.

I will need to focus more on Stockyards and less on Bloor. Well, even less now.

There was a very serious issue last week at Bloor Fitness.
I decided to try class one more time, because I felt a bit bad about not going, and I did not want the instructor to think it was his fault.
Oh, by the way, he does not want me to mention his name any more. I don't know why, and it is not as if my regular readers already don't know. As a responsible journalist though, I agreed to refer to him is "instructor" instead of by name.

Anyway, Alec was there, and he did not really talk to me the whole time, until he decided to walk over to me, in order to "work" with me.
He actually said to me, "If you ever write anything like that again, I will knock you out." He was very serious. He also said, "You  need to apologize". I don't really even know what he is referring to. Obviously something about this column.

First of all, I will continue to write this column as usual. Secondly, Why should I apologize?
I am not going to apologize for an opinion, and I am also not going to apologize for writing what is true. As I have said before, and I am really getting tired of repeating it, 'I report what I see, and nothing else'.

Somebody committed a criminal offence! Am I the only one who sees a problem with that? 
That is a place of business. This just goes back to what I have been saying all along: Nobody takes things seriously in that class. 
They are getting upset with me, and saying that I am writing "bad things". Well, don't let "bad things" happen, and I will not be writing about them.....Hello? As if this incident is going to help. Ding--ding--ding. Anyone home up there? Obviously one too many punches to the head, I think.

One can not threaten someone, because he does not like something that was written. That is aa indictable offence, punishable by up to two years. Especially since I am a security guard.
I was supposed to arrest him, and take him to police. Just because I am not in uniform, I do not stop being a guard. Where does that leave me now? 

In my opinion, Alec is not a real boxer. A real boxer would not say that to someone. He is a disgrace to the sport. 
Also, I really don't think he can do diddly-squat anyway. 
Still, he committed an offence, and should be punished. I really think his membership should be revoked, but that is not up to me.

Yet, another reason why Stockyards Boxing is the best. 
Nothing like this ever happens there, and the manager is very respectable to his members.
I was very impressed when Richard told me, "My members come first". Wow. Now, that is a customer service attitude you do not see often any more.
That is why Stockyards has the most members and the highest number of competition boxers than any other Toronto boxing gym.  It is true. People can't figure out how a gym that is just barely over a year old can be so popular. I have said before, and always will, Richard works very hard. He is a great teacher, and cares about his athletes and everyone else who uses his gym.


Why do I need classes anywhere else? I have two perfectly good coaches at Stockyards. Besides, my Boxing Ontario registration says, "Stockyards". That is my main gym.

I am tired of the drama at Bloor. It is like a damn daytime drama series in there. Let me put it this way, I don't care about anything except my training. I am there is use the gym equipment only. I am a customer. That is all. If you do not like what I write, don't read it. I don't want to hear what you think, and I don't want to hear about any other problems you may have. Not my problem. 
I am finished with the classes at Bloor, and I don't care who gets upset. Learn to take control of your damn classes.




No comments:

Post a Comment