ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rising Up To the Challenge Of...












I believe they call it being "hungry", or having the "Eye Of the Tiger". 
Whatever you call it, I have it.

This week was another busy week for sparring. Although not quite as many rounds as last week. I did four on Monday, and nine on Wednesday. Thirteen three-minute rounds this week, and honestly, I barely broke a sweat.

I have had five different sparring partners this past week, and I felt that my performance was far better than ever before. 
With all but two, I was able to drive my opponent to the ropes, at least once per round. In once case, several times in a round. 
For one sparring partner, I didn't try, because he was sparring for the first time, so I was not so aggressive. I only threw jabs, but at the same time I was able to block everything he threw.

I am busting my ass with this boxing, to get my first bout by late spring. 
I know Will was saying how much I have improved. I appreciate that, but in the end it is Rick and Junmar who will decide when I get my first competitive bout.
Rick has not really said anything, but I really hope his is watching. 
I am doing this not only for me, but to represent the Stockyards Boxing Gym as well.

Coach Junmar has not yet returned. 
I hope he comes back soon, as I am sure he will be quite surprised at how far I have come since December.

My weight is stuck at 189, but sometimes up to 191, then back down. 
I had a goal of 188, then lowered it, but I think I should not have done that. I have having a real hard time reaching my 188 goal now.

Anyway, I am still keeping in shape. I am at one of the gyms for at least an hour a day, sometime more.
Skipping, push-ups, sit-ups, treadmill, dumbbells, and of course technical and sparring. 

I hope to see some of you at Stockyards on Saturday for their live boxing show, and maybe in the not-so-distant future, you will be seeing me in the ring.

Cheers.


Upcoming Boxing Shows

Stockyards Boxing Gym, March 8 @ 7 PM
Available on Metropolis TV West starting March 16,
and on Metropolis TV Central starting March 20
Not available on Metropolis TV East or North.

TORONTO WEATHER for March 7 2014

Clear.  Low -10c / High -5c  



No comments:

Post a Comment