ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Life Still Sucks...How Are You?



Well. Where do I start?

My absolute favourite boxing organization has informed me...no, not even...
Richard informed me, that my registration with Boxing Ontario has expired.
Really? I paid for a year, not six months ago. The last time I checked, there were twelve months in a year.
Has that changed recently? If it did, I didn't notice.

I contacted Boxing Freaking Ontario, and she did in fact tell me that all registrations expire on December 31, regardless of when you registered. 
Then she got snotty with me, "The expiry date is printed in your Passport".  {Snobby}
Thank you very much. That is very helpful.

I never see my Passport. I don't even know what it looks like. Richard keeps it at the gym, locked up by three chains, two locks, a retinal scanner, and behind two and a half feet of concrete. 
I don't know when the damn thing expires. 
Richard takes it out, and gives it to the officials when I have a match, then it goes back into Fort Knox for three and a half years, until I fight again.

Of course, it would have helped if Richard had told me in November, instead of waiting until after it had expired. 

I asked the membership coordinator at Boxing Ontario how fast she can process the re-registration, and she did not know.
Of course not. Why would the membership coordinator know that? 
In other words, she doesn't care. Just like everyone else.

So, that is how they operate? 
What a rip-off organization. 
Now I have to fork out $100. Get another stupid medical exam, which is not covered. That is another $85 or more. Plus, I know my physician is also going to send me for another 150 useless tests, that I really don't have time to do.

I am definitely going to send a complaint to the president of Boxing Ontario. This whole thing is not right.
If I do not get a decent answer after that, I will get my lawyer involved. 
I am tired of Boxing Ontario's bullshit. I can't believe that nobody had complained about this sort of thing before.
I know Richard won't. He is afraid of Boxing Ontario.

It have been to Boxing Ontario. They are in an office building on the north-east side of the Don Mills and Eglinton area. The Number 100 bus stops right in front.
Their office is about the size of a studio apartment, and they have boxes and boxes of files stacked up against the back wall!
Okay, they may have been cleaning up or moving...but...still...It looks like shit.

They are located next to the Ontario Amateur Soccer Association. 
Yeah, there is an ideal location for an office.

Scenario:
"Where are you located?"
"Next to the Ontario Amateur Soccer Association."
......[Long pause]..........."Huh?"

Anyway, I find it very difficult to be intimidated by an organization that has no concept of how to use a filing cabinet. 

What are they going to do? Take a long time to process my registration? So, business as usual for them.
Boxing Ontario can pull my legs apart and suck on my groin.

With all this happening, my Ball-and-chain has asked me to pay more on the Rogers Communications bill for this month. Normally she pays half, but we are a behind.
I guess that means she hasn't been paying her half.

I told her I could not, since I now have to pay Boxing Ontario. Then she asked, "What is more important? Rogers or Boxing Ontario? Did she really need to ask?

I'd happily drop Rogers in a second. That is another rip-off organization.
We pay $440 a month for TV, Internet, home phone, her Samdung with the word-renowned Ass-'roids operating system, and my Crapberry dumbphone.
Not to mention, that at least one of our services does not work at least 20% of the time.
I have had to exchange the TV box four times because they keep freezing and crashing, and the modem for the Internet had to be exchanged five times due to compatibility issues. Apparently, Rogers modems do not like our computers.
Yeah, we have computers. How silly of me to expect a modem to work with a computer?
I wonder if it would be more compatible if I throw it down the stairs, step on it, run over it with a garbage truck, then plug the data cable into a 120 volt outlet?

Then, they want me to upgrade the cable box to something called 'Nextbox 3.0.' 
Why? Is it three times better at freezing and crashing?

I guess we could switch back to Bell. 
To be honest, I really miss their stellar customer service.

With Rogers, I have a basic HD package for the TV. 
That itself is $92. For that you get all the crappy channels that nobody watches. 
Then, if you want a good channel, it is $3 extra. That is of course on top of the $92 for the crap.
The only channel I have added is the Fight Network, which in my opinion, is the only channel out of the 200+ crap channels we get that has anything decent worth watching.

She watches only three channels, The Food Network, TLC, and CHCH. 
All crap. I am sick and freaking tired of looking at them.
CHCH has mostly news, and Hamilton news at that. What the hell do I care about what happens in Hamilton? I don't live there.
I barely care about what happens in Toronto.

I put a Parental Block on those channels once. She hacked the code!
Yeah, sure.  She does not have time to help clean the apartment when I ask, but she has time to crack the code on the cable box. 

As far as Rogers Communications goes, they can spread my legs and suck on my groin. 
The line up starts right over there behind Boxing Ontario.

It is not over.
I was paid on Friday, and $332 of it went to an overdraft on my bank account. 
Really? I spent $332 on crap in two weeks? 
I work 12-hour shifts, six days a week.
I work, and sleep, and in-between, I am trying to train for boxing. 
When the hell do I have time to spend money?

My statement shows some ATM withdraws of about $100 each. 
That is really interesting, since I don't like carrying huge amounts of cash. The most I ever take out at one time is $60.

So, the $332 Question is, who is taking this money out of my account?

That huge pay from working all the Holidays is gone. Thanks to Boxing Ontario, and my bank.


I am going to **Reluctantly** re-register with Boxing Ontario, or "B.O.", as I like to call it. 
However, I can't stop training, and wait until my new Passport comes in.
I am trying to be a freaking boxer here. I am tired of people putting up roadblocks.

That sounds so familiar. I swear, this blog sometimes reminds me of a broken record.

Anyway, Richard does not like to allow guys to spar unless their Passport is in. 
Well, as I said, I am not going to interrupt my training. The damn registration is going in, it just has to be processed. It is not fair to me for something that is not my fault.

I don't think anyone has any idea how pissed off I am about this...or maybe you are...now.









2 comments:

  1. Hey there, Mr. Brick!

    Here are a few comments for you from the Red Corner. (Being competitive, I figure I'll pick whatever corner is the one opposite from yours!)

    I'm sorry to learn that your year is off to a rough start. I feel your pain when you talk about Boxing Ontario. Although I'm south of the 49th, I've had my own challenges with our amateur boxing governing body. It goes with the territory. I don't mean to minimize the stress and the hassle, but those are just bumps in the road of being a boxer. And don't even get me started on Golden Gloves!

    My year is off to a rocky start, too. My mother is still ill, although she'll be going home next week, so that is great news. I'm trying to be a good son to my parents, helping as much as I can. It never seems enough, but I like to think what I do is useful and makes things at least a little easier for them.

    My blog is really outdated. I need to update it. That will happen. When the time is right.

    Anyway, I hope things will get easier soon. In the meantime, it may help to think about some of the good things in your life. Me, I have family, friends, and faith. I also have work that is good and I hope to get paid on some projects soon. Without meaning to be treacly, I've got food, clothing, and shelter and that's a lot more than many people on our planet have.

    Alright...there's the bell to end the round. I gotta get back to my corner.

    Stay strong and let your dreams help you along while the road is kind of snowy and muddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment.
      I hope your mom feels better soon.

      Delete