ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Somebody Beat 'The Brick' ?



Welcome to Entry 161.

In this entry, a summary of my Comeback, 

and 

meet Mississauga, not the city, the cat!







Somebody Beat 'The Brick' ?


Well, this is it.
I have reached my goal.
My goal was to step into the ring for a competitive bout, and I did.

Although the outcome was not what I expected.

I lost.
Although, I feel I should have won.


Here are some photos from the bout:














Go here for the video: FIGHT NIGHT XX, Bout 6

I really don't see how I lost.
You can clearly see that I put him on his ass at the end of Round Two.
However, just like with every other sport, boxing officials are blind.

I would not mind re-matching with him.

My coach said something very interesting to me after my loss.
He said, "It does not matter. The point is you got back into the ring after all this time and at your age, and that takes balls."

You know. that really means a lot to me. Some coaches bullshit their athletes, but I have to say that Richard is always honest.

I am lucky to have him as a coach.


Huge Difference Between Sparring and the Real Thing

There is definitely a difference between sparring and a competitive match.


There is more energy. I guess you get pumped-up by the audience.

Also, the difference in the size of the gloves throws you off. 
You wear huge gloves for sparring. You may as well wrap sofa cushions around your hands., but competition gloves are so much smaller. It feels like you have no gloves on at all.


What's Next ?


My next bout, I hope will be in September. 
As I said, I would like to re-match with Leo, or take on Matt's challenge.

Now that I have had my taste of competition, I know what to expect, so I would like to get into the ring at least every second month or so.


I will be taking this week off, until Saturday.
I will be talking with Coach Richard over the summer about my next match.

Hopefully, the officials will be a bit kinder to me. I really can't keep a 0/1/1 record. 


A New Member Of "The Brick's" Family 

The Brick has a kitten, only 6 weeks old, and I just named her.

Since we all know that Mississauga is the pussy capital of Ontario, I have named my kitten 'Mississauga', or 'Missy' for short.


World, meet Mississauga:




...and, Mississauga sleeping in the letter tray:








   


-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 1  / 1 
Weigh-in on June 14 / 2014 @ 86 kg / 190 lbs. {up}
Last bout: June 14 / 2014 [Loss by Decision]
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Off until June 21
Coaches: R. Soucé, J, Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 68
Stance: Orthodox 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Cheers.






2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul. Congratulations on your comeback. I am impressed with what you have done, win or lose!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete