ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Weight Has Been Lifted

ENTRY 208



Sparring Report, Monday November 10

Six rounds. 
Three different guys.
Nothing special to report. 
Although, I am noticing myself becoming a bit more aggressive. I am forcing guys to the ropes.

The next boxing show hosted by Stockyards, will be in February.
I want to be in it.
I'm looking at Mark Laidman as an opponent.


The Apartment Story

I never did hear back from the landlord of the apartment on Ossigton Ave.
I found out that he is gay.
I think I did not get that apartment, because he was looking for someone gay.
That reminds me of a story. I know, 'Oh. no. Not another one of Paul's stories.'
This one is not that long.

When I first moved to Toronto in 2001, I lived on Church Street. I did not know the area at the time.
Since I was hanging around the area so much, everyone thought I was gay.


When they found out I wasn't, they got angry with me.
"How dare someone who isn't gay, live in the gay area".

Oh, well, geez, I'm sorry. It's not as if I have a switch, "Hey. I think I'll be gay today".

Crazy.

Anyway, up until now, I have still been waiting to hear about the apartment on Jane Street.

That being said....

The Weight Has Been Lifted

Yesterday, I received 'The' call.
A call from a particular management company about a particular apartment.
He advised me to be at the office early next week to sign the rental agreement.

The current tenant is moving this weekend, but the superintendent wants to go in and paint, re-do the floor, and fix a crack in ceiling in the bathroom.
After the reno is done, we can move in.

I have to say I am very happy that a landlord finally agreed to rent to me. That is a huge weight off my shoulders.

Apparently, the superintendent helped. He put in quite a few good words for me.

Thank you. 
Now that stress is gone, and on to another: Moving stress.

It doesn't stop, does it?


The Bus Check Project

Here are the results of the Bus Check Project so far:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                           Total Lates             Total Minutes Late       

TO WORK:

191 Highway 27 Express Northbound..............................12..................133
511 Zum Steeles Express Westbound.............................1....................21
7 Kennedy Southbound................................................ 2....................30


FROM WORK:

7 Kennedy Northbound.................................................2...................12
511 Zum Steeles Express Eastbound...............................1...................7
191 Highway 27 Express Southbound..............................5...................41

Total minutes wasted so far: 244

Latest entry:

TTC route 191 northbound from Kipling station, on November 10,
scheduled departure time: 9:48 PM, actual departure time: 10:12 PM,
24 minutes late.
The following bus was also late by more than 15 minutes.
TTC route 191 northbound from Kipling station, on November 12,
scheduled departure time: 9:48 PM, actual departure time: 10:02 PM,
14 minutes late.
TTC route 191 northbound from Kipling station, on November 13,
scheduled departure time: 9:48 PM, actual departure time: 10:00 PM,
12 minutes late.
No explanation from TTC staff, as of yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

244 minutes! 
That's over four hours!
I am now beginning to see why some people prefer to drive.





"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Technical
Status:  ACTIVE

WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  186 lbs / 84 kg [down]

MEDICAL

HR resting 62 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  130 - 134 
HR stressed, after sparring  134 - 138 





-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat, sparring twice weekly
Coach: Richard Soucé  / Trainer: Junmar Emon
----------------------------------------------------







LINKS

              email "The Brick" :thebrickboxer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment