ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Training Update and Possible Charity Event



ENTRY 391







GOLDEN GLOVES TRAINING UPDATE

It is exactly two weeks to the Golden Gloves preliminaries.
Time to ramp-up.

I have to say I am getting a bit nervous about it already.

In the past, Golden Gloves tournaments were held in large venues, and they would have three rings going at the same time, so all the attention was not on you.
This time, they are holding it at a smaller venue with only one ring.
I am not really sure how they are even going to get through all of the preliminaries in just one day. 
Are they going to be one-minute rounds?

I don't even know who my opponent will be.
The draw will be this Friday, and they will be doing it over Facebook.
That also seems that it might be a bit lengthy, and does not guarantee that there will be an opponent in any one division. That is unlikely, since there are apparently a lot of boxers registered, and a lot of masters registered.
Come to think of it, why were there never many masters registered in the Boxing Ontario tournaments?
I could never get into a tournament when I was with Boxing Ontario because I could never get an opponent.
Interesting isn't it?


POSSIBLE CHARITY MATCH IN MAY

I have been invited to compete at a charity event in St. Catherines in May.
The event is called 'Fight For Youth'.
I have expressed interest, but have not heard if they were able to find me an opponent.
I really would not mind doing that one. I have never been in a charity event. 
I hope they find someone for me.


DIET IS A SUCCESS

My diet is still working.
This past week I lost a pound and a half, and gained a bit of muscle mass as well.

This week's readings:




Last week's readings:




See. When you really put your mind to something and take it seriously, you make things happen.

Two weeks to go! 
Let's go!


--The Brick


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE SPRAWL' VLOG ARCHIVE  
=================================================================
ENTRY 001  JANUARY 4 2017   "Another Brick In the Sprawl, pt. 2"   
ENTRY 002  JANUARY 11 2017  "Crappy Computers and Electronics"
ENTRY 003  JANUARY 18 2017  "I Listen To Weird Music?"
ENTRY 004  JANUARY 26 2017  "Why You Should Not Lease From EasyHome"
ENTRY 005  FEBRUARY 2 2017  "Can You Show Me How To Edit?"
ENTRY 006   TBA

=======================================================+=======



===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, some Saturdays

--and--

2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment