ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Golden Gloves Announced (Finally) !!!



ENTRY 388






I CAN NOW OFFICIALLY TRAIN FOR THE GOLDEN GLOVES

The Golden Gloves has finally been announced.
Well, at least the some of it. 
This year, as mentioned before, they are being held during more than one weekend, and at different locations.

The preliminaries will be on April 8 in the city of Kitchener.

The finals will be held during the last weekend of April in Mississauga.
Of course Mississauga. My absolute favourite city. Of all the cities in Ontario they just had to pick that one.

Anyway, I have already started training for the Gloves. 
I have already registered. 
I have registered at 188 lbs. and the Golden Gloves does not allow any discrepancies in weight, so it is very important that I maintain my weight for the next four weeks.

So, what they have done is they are going to try to hold the preliminaries and quarter-finals in one day.
That sounds quite...hectic...for lack of a better word.
I am not sure when the semi-finals are being held, unless that will be in Mississauga as well.

For now, I am concentrating on the prelims.
Sparring as much as I can and doing pad work with the coach. 
Since I am on pre-bout training, I am at a gym six times per week. I am working on boxing technical, cardio, as well as strength conditioning. 
As mentioned in a previous entry, I am no longer relying on technical skills alone. I have to be prepared for any type of opponent. 

For the prelims, I was thinking of staying in the Kitchener area for the entire weekend.
I have been on Trivago to look for hotels for that weekend. 
They are really expensive. I mean for Kitchener. The Kitchener area is not exactly a number one vacation spot. 
Seriously. A cheap crappy motel in Kitchener for that weekend is $85 a night. 
Really? 
Keep in mind this is Kitchener we are talking about.
My God, Hamilton is less expensive than that, and there is much more to see and do in Hamilton.

Getting there is not a problem, GO Transit goes there. Albeit, a bit complicated since there is no direct service from Toronto to Kitchener. 

However, the Golden Gloves is not scheduled to finish until 11 PM, but will likely go longer. 
Therefore, even if there is still GO Transit service at that time, it would mean likely not getting home until after 3 AM.
Therefore, I have decided to just stay in Kitchener on the Sunday.

If anyone knows of a reasonable place to stay in the Kitchener area on that weekend, please let me know.

Thanks.

--The Brick


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE SPRAWL' VLOG ARCHIVE  
=================================================================
ENTRY 001  JANUARY 4 2017   "Another Brick In the Sprawl, pt. 2"   
ENTRY 002  JANUARY 11 2017  "Crappy Computers and Electronics"
ENTRY 003  JANUARY 18 2017  "I Listen To Weird Music?"
ENTRY 004  JANUARY 26 2017  "Why You Should Not Lease From EasyHome"
ENTRY 005  FEBRUARY 2 2017  "Can You Show Me How To Edit?"
ENTRY 006   TBA

=======================================================+=======



===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, some Saturdays

--and--

2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment