ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Going In the Right Direction



ENTRY 390





With just three weeks to go until the Golden Gloves preliminaries, I am slowly beginning to ramp-up training.

I have been doing target pad work with the coach plus working on a couple of things he suggested, in addition to that leg-killer treadmill exercise. I have also been working abs every day, and cardio.
Working on both technical and power on the heavy bag, and defence using the double-ended ball.
I have even gone back to using the speed bag. I have not done speed bag in a long time. 
I didn't forget how.

On Saturday I sparred eight rounds. Four with Coach Brock and four with Sarah.
I like sparring the coach because he can give me feedback better than if he was just watching.

I have a couple of small things to still work on. 
That is not a problem. My feeling is that there is no such thing as the perfect athlete. 
There should always be something to work on to continue raising the bar.
As I mentioned last week, in addition to more training, I will be on a special diet to keep myself well within the Light-Heavyweight division.

It seems to be working.

With my new diet plus just an additional 20 minutes of cardio three times this week, this is what I was able to achieve in just one week.

Here are this week's readings:



Compared to last week's:




Fat is down, muscle mass is up, and I lost a total of two pounds.
That is always a good thing.
It is not a huge change, but it is a change in the right direction.

Three weeks to go! 
Let's go!


--The Brick


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE SPRAWL' VLOG ARCHIVE  
=================================================================
ENTRY 001  JANUARY 4 2017   "Another Brick In the Sprawl, pt. 2"   
ENTRY 002  JANUARY 11 2017  "Crappy Computers and Electronics"
ENTRY 003  JANUARY 18 2017  "I Listen To Weird Music?"
ENTRY 004  JANUARY 26 2017  "Why You Should Not Lease From EasyHome"
ENTRY 005  FEBRUARY 2 2017  "Can You Show Me How To Edit?"
ENTRY 006   TBA

=======================================================+=======



===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, some Saturdays

--and--

2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment