ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, April 7, 2018

It Looks Like A Busy Bout Schedule For 'The Brick'


ENTRY 415



FOUR BOUTS POSSIBLE WITHIN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS

It looks like a busy couple of months coming up. 
After about four months of nothing, I have four possible bouts coming up between now and the beginning of June.

I have a bout confirmed at the Steeltown Boxing Club on April 28. 

On May 31, I have the planned trilogy bout with Jack Chisamore in Kingston.

That same weekend, the Bronze Gloves is scheduled. That is June 1 to the 3.

Also, I just found out that there also may be a bout on June 7 at the CBC  building.

That is a lot of ring time over a short period.

However, I had never been offered so much competition before with any coach. 
That being said, I do deserve it. I have been working very hard and I have improved a lot just over the last few months.

We have been working on some new and special moves, and starting next week we are going to be putting together a 'game plan'. 

Hopefully with more sparring as well.

Wednesday sparring was rather difficult for me.
I was trying to work on all the things I had been practicing with the coach.
As I mentioned before, there is a big difference practicing with the coach and working on the same thing in sparring.
That is one of the annoyances of sparring. You work all week with the coaches on something and then try to apply it in sparring, but you don't get the chance. 
Pisses me right off to hell.
However, I still have time to work on what I need to do.

Coach wants me to be below 180 lbs. for my bout in Hamilton.

I am a bit over that right now, so my trainer wants me on a no-carb diet for the rest of the month.

Really.

I said to him, "Do you have any idea how difficult that is?"

He said, "Yes. I'm on one myself."

Oh, okay. Well, that didn't work out as planned.
I guess I'm going on a no-carb diet.


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec, 2017 Golden Gloves Silver Medalist





No comments:

Post a Comment