ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, April 14, 2018

April 28 Prep and Stockyards Gets Iced


ENTRY 416



GETTING READY: JUST TWO WEEKS LEFT

It is approaching fast. Two weeks from now.
My first official bout for 2018. 
I will be in Hamilton for a card at Steeltown Boxing Club near Upper Ottawa Street and Stone Church Road.

I have been working very hard with the coaches and doing some personal training sessions with them.
My opponent has not had any bouts so this will be his first. That does not mean anything. I have learned to never underestimate your opponent. You have to be ready for anything.

For those who want to come out to the card in Hamilton, here is the address:





My coaches and I have also accepted the third bout versus Jack Chisamore in Kingston on May 31.

I will have more on the card in Kingston as it gets closer.

Please be aware that there will be no blog entries on competition days. Therefore, there will be no entry on April 28.
The results of my bout will be posted the following week or in a special entry a few days later. 


STOCKYARDS GETS ICED

The Stockyards card that was scheduled to happen on Saturday evening had been canceled to due inclement weather. Freezing rain and a flash freeze in Southern Ontario had caused dangerous traveling conditions.
That was the first time I can remember that Stockyards had canceled one of their shows for any reason. 
One of the guys from my team was scheduled to be on the card and I was supposed to video record for Metropolis TV. 
Due to scheduling conflicts, we could not cover the last two. This would have been our first Stockyards coverage of the year.

It was unfortunate but both Stockyards Boxing coaches and Boxing Ontario officials decided that it was better to be safe.

The next Stockyards boxing card is scheduled for June 9. 
It is unlikely there will be an ice storm to ruin it.



═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec, 2017 Golden Gloves Silver Medalist

No comments:

Post a Comment