ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, June 14, 2018

SPECIAL ENTRY: Back Into the Revolving Door


SPECIAL ENTRY



BACK INTO THE REVOLVING DOOR


It has happened again.
Kicked off of another team for something that wasn't my fault.

The disturbing part is that it was dropped on me on Wednesday due to something that happened at the Bronze Gloves over a week ago.

A lot happened at the Bronze Gloves, so I am not sure what sparked this.

I went in on Wednesday for sparring and was told by the coach that I was no longer allowed to spar. In addition, I had been removed from the July 14th club card.



The reason given was a "medical suspension".

What medical suspension?

That was news to me.

Apparently, someone unknown to me or anyone else I have talked to, I have been placed on an indefinite "medical suspension".
This has also caused the coach to pull me from our card in mid-July.

A few things annoyed me about this. One is that if this apparently happened due to the Bronze Gloves, why was I not told about this earlier?
Second, nobody had an answer as to how long this suspension is supposed to last.
Third, nobody seems to know the reason for the suspension. 
No suspension was issued by Boxing Ontario.

I am very angry because I was training very hard and this is how I am treated.
I really wanted to be on that card, and for no reason, I was pulled.

I was even going to send a crew from Metropolis TV to cover the event, but that is not going to happen now.
As a matter-of-fact, I have decided to completely boycott that show. 

So, what's next?

Well, there is no point in me traveling all the way down to Kipling and North Queen if I can't train. I was going there specifically for boxing. I can do everything else anywhere.

What I have decided to do was to pause my membership at Xtreme Couture and go back to Bloor Fitness until I find out what is going on.

Fortunately, I kept my Bloor membership. I knew something like this would eventually happen because it always does.
There seems to be a continuous revolving door for me when it comes to boxing.

I will keep up my cardio and weight training at Bloor, and if Xtreme wants me back, they can ask for me to come back. I just simply have no idea how long this so-called "suspension" is going to last.

If I don't hear anything from them by the middle of July, that tells me that they don't want me on the team and it means for me to step right back into the revolving door.

None of this makes sense especially since this was dropped on me out of nowhere and no one had any explanation.

Remember my article on bullying?
That is what this is.
Can you really blame me for being a bit upset?

I guess going forward, I have to assume that I will never be at a boxing gym longer than a year. That is exactly the length of time I was at Xtreme.

Except for this incident and a few minor ones in the past, I liked the quality of coaching at Xtreme, so I hope they get their shit together and decide to ask me back.
However, I have other plans in case they don't.

Back to Bloor Fitness on Thursday.
It has been a long time since I was there.


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment