ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, February 24, 2023

A Grand Familty Day

 

   ENTRY 487 | February 24 /2023

 

A GRAND WEEK OFF

I am still in a bit of pain but noit as bad.
As you may remember from the last entry that I had suffered a cracked rib from a rather rough sparring session which was later irritataed by an incident at work.
I ended up having a little vacation, but not because of the injury. Monday was a holiday in this area. Family Day, and also my workplace shut down this week for some repairs and upgrades, so I ended up getting the entire week off.
My intent was to go to the gym every morning since I had the chance, ut that diudn't happen. I only went twice.
I have to get up at 7:00 to be at the gym for the 9:00 class, and who wnats to get up that early during vacation time?  
I went on Wednesday and Friday. My intenent wa to also go on Thursday, but there was a nasty snowstorm and I didn't feel like trudging through snow up to my ass.

On the way home from Cabbagetown on Wednesday as I was assending the esceplator at the subway station, some woman behind me got upset becuause she couln't get past me. First of all, you are not supposed to pass. You are supposed to stand and let the escealtor take you up. That is, after all, the whole point. Anyway, I was already against the wall so I said to her, 'What would you like me to do? Morph into the wall?' She grunted and squeezed past me just to walk to the bus platform to wait for the bus. I mean, what the hell was the hurry? She had to wait for the bus anyway.
That is what I call stupidity, and as most of you already know, I have a very low tolerence for stupidity.
I mentioned to my wife that maybe we should move to a smalledr community as opposed to a major city. Perhaps there would be less of a chance of stupidness with fewer people.

Caledonia.

My wife was in Hamilton on holiday Monday visiting friends, so I thought that since there was really nothing to do since everything was closed, I made a surprse visit to Hamilton.
We decided to take a drive to Caladonia. A very small community. Small enough that while I was there I had lost cell service. 
We took a hike along the trails that border the Grand River. Along the way we met many freindly people. Everyone took time to say 'Hello'. That certainly wouldn't happen in Toronto or even Hamilton.

Grand River and bridge to Caledonia


It seemed like a very nice community and I didn't run into any stupidity.

Hmmmm...maybe the residents of Caledonia are onto something.


CREED (NOT THE BAND...PLEASE, NOT THE BAND)

I rarely step foot into a movie theatre anymore unless it is to see a boxing movie and that is obviously not ofter, but these is a boxing movie coming soon.
"Creed III" is being released in North Amaerica on March 3. Of course I want to go, but it has been so long since I have been to a theatre. I don't even remember how much a movie ticket costs. I do remember that the popcorn costs more than the ticket.
This one does not have Rocky in it. Rocky has apparently retired, but I think that might affect the film. The character of Rocky generally has a huge impact on the films he is in, but I am willing to give it a try, and I will review it here.



The probem is, I have no movie theatre close to me. The closest is the Queensway which is six kilometres away. Another reason why I don't go to the theatre too oftern but I am willing to go for this.



SPARRING REPORT: WEDNESDAY

Coach Johnny had me do four rounds of sparring on Wednesday because he wanted me to work on some things.
I still wasn't feeling 100% so I requested "light" sparring. I was surprised that my request was granted becasue usually they don't know the meaning of "light", but that's okay becasue either do I sometimes. Its a guy thing. When you get going, the testosterone sets in and that's it. However, It went quite well and I was able to get some things done in the ring. 
Thank you for working with me.


"LET HIS FACE RUN INTO YOUR FIST"

On Friday I did Coach Johnny's class and as with most of his classes I was able to get in  some pad work.
He told me that I should step in with my straight right.  His exect words were, "Let the guy's face run into your fist".
That I can do. I mean, it is not my fault that his face is in the way.



NEXT ENTRY: March 3 /2023


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter (@paulbrickboxer)  and Mastodon (Paul'TheBrick'boxer), and view my adventures on YouTube at "Another Brick In the Sprawl"
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer and has been training for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
72 kg (160 lbs.) 

STATUS:
INJUREry RECOVERY

STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA


  


No comments:

Post a Comment