ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, September 15, 2023

Open House and Upcoming Card

 

    ENTRY 511| SEPTEMBER 15 /2023


CABBAGETOWN BOXING CLUB FIRST (POST-PANDEMIC) OPEN HOUSE

September 9 was the annual Street Cabbagetown Festival and also the Cabbagetown Boxing Clun Open House,
It was a success and a lot of fun but for the person they had as an announcer.
We had a training session that people could watch and then we did some sparring.
They had this guy who I don't remember ever seeing before but he apparently trained with Coach Johnny. If I remember correctly his name was Ben. He was the emcee and well...He could have been better. He was good at telling some really bad boxing "jokes", most of which didn't really even make sense but the piss-off for me was when he finally told a decent "joke" it was one of mine. From my still-to-be-released novel "Talbot Hills Memours", I was shocked that he stole my idea. Even if it wasn't intentional, it was still really annoying. He said that when he was a boxer he came in second place a lot. The protagonist in my novel says the exact same thing in Chapter 16: No Athletic Support.
This guy says one thing that is partially funny and it was my idea. 
Yeah, guy. here is an idea, give the microphone to someone who knows how to use it.


NOVEMBER 11 CARD

Cabbagetown Boxing Clun will be hosting a card on November 11 in the evening. They have no officially announced it, but it is on the (publically accessible) Boxing Ontario website, and that means that they have paid for the sanction.
Obviously, I am hoping to be on that card. I really don't see the coach not calling it as I have be training my ass right off for the past seven months. However, it will depend a lot on finding am opponent. Since I have lost weight it seems that there are fewer guys out there in my classification. I am now a Middleweight at 73 kg. There are very few Middleweight Masters in this area.
This will be a Milestone for me as it will be my last bout in the Novice division. It will be bout number 10 for my under Boxing Ontario sanction and after 10, you become Open Class. That means different rules and longer rounds.
The last time I was in the ring for a competitive bout was December of 2018. 
It is time.




NEXT ENTRY: September 22 /2023 


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer trained for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
73 kg (165 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Wed. 0900-1100
Thu. 1730-1930
Fri. 0900-1100
Holidays 0900-1030

COMPETITION STATUS:
 ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
November 11 (tentative)
@Cabbagetoown Boxing Clun

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment