ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, November 10, 2023

It Was Like Trying To Move A Building

 

    ENTRY 518| NOVEMBER 10 /2023


IT WAS LIKE TRYING TO MOVE A BUILDING

Lots of sparring this week and I was able to attend the gym every day, so I did a total of 13 rounds this week.
I had a good variety of guys to work with, and I like that.
One guy I worked with a few times was a fairly big boy. He is about 240 lbs to my 165. He kept driving me to the ropes and the coach was yelling at me to spin him out. It was like trying to move a building. After several tries, I was finally able to do it. Yes! I was able to flip this big guy right around.
The coach's constant yelling of "Flip him around!" finally worked. Although I paid for it later. My shoulders were so sore that it felt like my arms were going to fall right off.
However, the coach did say that in a realistic situation, I would not have an opponent that big, but it was still good practice for me.

My trapezius' disagree and are still complaining.


CARD CANCELLED

On November 11 the Cabbagetown Boxing Club was supposed to host a boxing card. There were initially 10 bouts scheduled and I was really looking forward to it. However, for some reason, it was canceled. 
I was working very hard for that, but good training is never a waste. There will be other cards in the future.


MIKE TYSON IS AROUND!

One of the best boxers of all time and the boxer who first got me interested in boxing will be in the Toronto area this weekend.
Mike Tyson of 'Mike Tyson Mysteries' is scheduled to appear in Mississauga at the Sports Expo. 
Admission to the show is $20 which is a steal, but there is (of course) an additional fee to meet the sports stars. $200 to be exact. 
I;m sorry Mike, getting a photo of you is not worth $200. I can get one of them off the Internet for free.
I could just play Pavarotzi and wait for him to leave and then just snap a photo, but I don't know how well he would take that. I don't think pissing off Mike Tyson is a good idea.
Remember the Sean Penn incident?



There.
$200, please.









NEXT ENTRY: November 17/2023 


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░


ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer training since 1982.

Political lean: None. (middle)

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs): INTJ

BOXING STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
73 kg (165 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Mon: 0900-1030
Tue: 1730 -1930
Wed. 0900-1030
Thu. 1730-1930
Fri. 0900-1100
Holidays 0900-1030

COMPETITION STATUS:
 ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment