ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Working the Offense

  

    ENTRY 537| MARCH 23/2024


WEEKLY SPARRING REPORT

THIS WEEK;  13 ROUNDS
FOCUS:  OFFENSE


Nothing special happened this week so I only have a sparring report.

This week the coach wanted me to work with helping some of the other boxers with defence. That means that my main focus this week was offense. 
The coach wants me to work on jabbing more by keeping my opponent away and forcing him to the ropes.I have also been working on this technique while shadowboxing.

That is all I have this week except that next Friday is not only Good Friday but it is also my birthday.  If the gym is open I might go in for my "Birthday Beating". A Cabbagetown tradition. 
I might also do a special blog entry. I am not yet sure but check here and social media for updates.





NEXT ENTRY: March 30 /2024 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer, training since 1982.

Political lean: None. (middle)

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs): INTJ

Education: College Diploma (Applied Arts)

Lives in: Toronto, Ontario, Canada  (The Junction/Stockyards Village)

Born in: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Entertainment Likes: Rock music and psychological drama films

Favorite books: Fahrenheit 451, The Catcher In the Rye, Slaughterhouse-Five, Of Mice and Men, 1984

BOXING STATS

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
77 kg (173 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)
Southpaw (right lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Mon: 0930-1100
Tue 1700-1900
Thu 1700-1900
Sat 1100-1230

COMPETITION STATUS:
ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn


No comments:

Post a Comment