ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I've Fallen, and I Can't Get Up!














THE HAPPIEST JOB?

Okay, so I heard on CP24, that someone did a survey to find out what occupations have the happiest employees. 
Number one is security guard.
Really? 
Obviously, the people gathering this data were never security guards.
I am not saying that I am not happy as a guard, but to say that it is the happiest job, is a bit much.
Then again, this information is coming from Canadian media, so you know its accurate.

April will mark my one-year anniversary of working in Security.
During that time, I have worked for 4 different security companies, at 9 different venues.
In October, I was hired as a full-time guard.

Anyone who thinks security guards don't do anything, here is a look back at one-year of being a guard. The things you see, and have to deal with.
Here is a short list of some of the incidents where I have had to write a report. Keep in mind this is only within one year:


  • 3 false fire alarms
  • 2 floods
  • 1 backed-up sewer
  • 1 leaking ceiling
  • 3 electrical fires
  • 4 blackouts
  • 3 vehicular collisions
  • 12 drunks
  • 8 highs
  • 9 ejections
  • 1 trespasser
  • 5 fights
  • 1 bomb threat
  • 1 cardiac arrest
  • 1 heat stroke
  • 1 diabetic shock
  • 8 minor injuries
  • 3 injuries to myself
  • 5 personal threats (I'm so scared)
Sites that are most active (most reports):
  1. Molson Amphitheatre (11 reports)
  2. BMO Field (8 reports)
  3. Rogers Centre (7 reports)
Sites with the least activity:
  1. ATS Logistics (1 report)
  2. Matrix Logistics (2 reports)
  3. TTC Stations (3 reports)
As you can see, I don't do anything.
Sure. I keep your lazy fat asses safe.

JAYWALKING, SCHMAYWALKING

Well, my court case for jaywalking was last Friday.
When I want in, the prosecutor asked me if I wanted to plead guilty for a lesser fine, or go to trial.
Of course, I chose trial. Then he said, with a trial, the set fine is no longer valid, and could be higher if convicted.
Yes, I could be, but it usually is not. Of course, the prosecutor is going to do anything to scare you out of going to trial, because he knows that at least 80% of these trials are withdrawn.
I, of course, was not born yesterday.
The officer, 8911, did not show up at the court. 
I have to say I am not surprised. He was probably embarrassed. 
The case would have been dismissed anyway, since there was a mistake, but in this case, the prosecutor recommended to the judge that the case be withdrawn due to the absence of the police officer.  

Once again, The Brick is rrrrr.......


REMEMBER WHEN I KNEW A BOXER, BABY  *

Remember when I used to be a boxer?
Yeah, lately it does not seem like that. 
I have been sparring like shit for the last couple of weeks. Is it me, or is sparring getting harder?
I think I have fallen into a slump...and I can't seem to get back up.
I guess every athlete from time to time falls into a slump.
I got back into that damn habit of leaning again. Junmar has tried to correct me on that. It is very important that I fix it. First of all, it puts me off balance. Second, it is a foul. One can be disqualified for that.

This past Monday I was really sick, but went for sparring anyway. Then I was sick all night at work, but stayed at work anyway. You know, tough guy I am. Just keep going. 
I had this huge "rock" in my stomach, and at times the pain was so bad that I almost doubled over.
On Tuesday, I got about 9 hours of sleep, after I felt much better. The "rock" was gone, but I had warn people not to use the restroom adjacent the security office immediately after I used it.
No big deal.

I can understand being in a slump from being sick, but I hope I can get out of it soon. I have not been happy with my performance in the ring.


*REFERENCE:  "Boxer" by The Gaslight Anthem



----------------------------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team

Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 0  / 1 
Weigh-in on March 28 2014 @ 85 kg / 188 lbs.  {no change}
Last bout: September 21 2013 [Exhibition]
Next scheduled bout: Summer 2014 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, with sparring twice weekly
Resting HR: 66 - 70
------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment