ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, November 4, 2011

Someone Needs A Boxing Lesson...

How do you like the new intro photo ?

I put some photos of my training at Stockyards on Facebook. Someone from work made some comments about them.
I will discuss that a bit later, but for now, dum...dum...da...dum... a Bloor Sparring Class update. (Echo)
Sparring class with Kobe at Bloor Gym was very busy this past Thursday. I ended up doing 10 rounds of sparring. All different classes and skills. I had some newbies, plus the big professional was back. All together there were 10 people in this class, which was the most I have ever seen there.
There were a couple of girls there, too. I will not discuss this any more, as you all know how I feel about girls in combat sports. However, if they want to get involved, it should be girl verses girl. Don't put girl with guy.
They had a bit of that during Thursday's class, but please don't put me against a girl. I really would not like that.
Anyway, overall it was a very constructive class.  I learned a few things and taught a few things.
Now, speaking of teaching. Here are some photos from Wednesday's training at Stockyards:


Defensive shadow boxing

Straight right

Footwork practice

Heavy bag, jab

Heavy bag

Speed bag

This gives you an idea of a training session at Stockyards Boxing Gym.
Someone from work said, "Too many arm-punches. You need to put more shoulder into it." This person has obviously been boxing for a very long time. (Sarcastic)
You do not put shoulder into a jab. You step into a jab. You use your shoulder for your right cross, which I do as you see in the photo above.
I know these people mean well, but if you have never boxed before, you really should not be offering advise. Especially since my coach is a former professional whose last opponent was Hector Camacho.
I'll listen to Coach Rick, before anyone from work.

Here is a little video of me on the speed bag. This is different from the one on Facebook. This one was a FAIL!



That is all for this entry.

Keep your hands up and your chin down.
--Paul "The Brick" Brec
Stockyards Boxing Team, Heavyweight Masters Novice Division

No comments:

Post a Comment