ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, November 25, 2011

Just When I Think All Is Well...But I Do have A Fan!





Well,  there will be no more sparring videos from Bloor on this blog.
Just when I thought things were going well, some asshole has to spoil it.
Would you believe that someone actually complained about my video recording our sparring? This is done by many boxing gyms so the boxers can review their performance. Yeah, excuse me for being helpful. I'll have to remember to not ever do that again.
Why the hell would someone complain? Oh yeah, this is Bloor Street Fitness, the cry-baby capital of Toronto.
I was told by Kobe that I can not have the camera in his class any more. I think I should be able to record my own sparring, however it is his class, and I don't want to upset the babies.
It still bothers me. My God, you are a boxer. Be a man. Shit!
Interestingly, Mike, the manager, asked me to photograph the boxing event on December 3.  That's fine. Mike is a nice guy, and I don't mind helping him.
Also, I was discussing  the sparring with some friends who also train with me at Stockyards. There is some concern about it. First of all, some guys are not wearing the proper gear. You should always have mouthgaurd, headgear, and sparring gloves. We have noticed that this is not always the case. Even if this is supposed to be soft sparring, you should wear the proper equipment. Why is the proper use of gear not being enforced? A lot are not wearing headgear, and one was actually wearing bag gloves instead of sparring gloves. All the gear should be checked before sparring, and anyone not wearing the proper equipment should not be allowed in the ring. It is very simple.
That brings up another issue,some guys are hitting 'way too hard for soft sparring. As I mentioned in a previous entry, I don't care. If a guy hits too hard, I hit back equally as hard.
However, what if someone gets injured?  Knowing that place, some cry-baby will complain.
Then what if Boxing Ontario finds out? Bloor is still not officially certified for sparring. Plus, we did not have a coach this week, and they don't have a regular coach.
Bloor should have a full-time coach certified by Boxing Ontario, plus the venue needs to be certified as well. Although they did get a temporary certification for the boxing in December, it is not allow sparring on a regular basis.
If one of the cry-babies complains, and Boxing Ontario finds out, they will have a shit-fit. You think Paul Ryan's shit-fits are bad? You don't want to see a Boxing Ontario shit-fit. It could very well affect future requests for certification. 
If Boxing Ontario refuses future requests by Bloor, it could mean a total shut-down of all the boxing programs at Bloor Fitness. Seriously, Paul might close the boxing gym. Of course, that will mean I will no longer be going there, along with a lot of other people.
This is typical of the usual drama that goes on at Bloor Fitness.
You know, I could make a soap opera based on Bloor Fitness. Hmmmmm....

In other news on the boxing front, the other day at Stockyards after training, someone came to be and said, "You are Blue Corner?"..."The Blue Corner Blog, That is you?"
Wow! This is great. It is nice to know that I have a regular reader who recognizes me. Thank you for your support. Actually, thank you to everyone who reads my entries. It is because of all of you that keeps me motivated to keep writing. Also, if you have any suggestions for future entries, feel free to use the comments section.

Video from Thursday's sparring class:
{This is where the video would go, but thanks to Asshole, there isn't one...Thanks Asshole.}

Paul "The Brick" Brec
Stockyards Boxing Team, Masters Novice Division, Heavyweight


No comments:

Post a Comment