ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sparring At Bloor: The Video


Hi all.
I talk a lot about sparring, and they have a great class at Bloor Boxing. Kobe is a pretty good teacher. Of course he is a pretty good boxer himself.
I have decided to start video recording the sparring. It is a great tool for boxers to grade their performance.
Whenever I can, I'd like to share some sparring sessions with you. If you have never boxed before, and are interested in starting, this will give you a good idea of what it is about. If you are a boxer already, it may give you a few ideas, or maybe you can give me some. Sometimes the best coach is another boxer.

This first sparring round was a bit short because we spent the majority of the round getting instructions from the coach. This round was me vs. Oliver. Oliver is a good friend who also trains at Sully's gym.



This was two consecutive rounds with one of the new guys. This guy hit pretty hard, so I hit him hard as well. In between rounds, the instructor provided some feedback.



I hope this helps give you an idea of some of the stuff we do in sparring class. I hope to be able to upload a bit of video from each class.


Paul "The Brick" Brec
Stockyards Boxing Team, Masters Novice Division, Heavyweight

No comments:

Post a Comment