ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, August 5, 2016

Jumping Into the Shark Tank

 ENTRY 342


SPARRING REPORT: TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY

Four rounds on Tuesday at Toronto Boxing Academy and two rounds on Wednesday at Stockyards.
No gym on Monday as it was a holiday, and no sparring on Thursday but I will be going into Toronto Boxing on Saturday morning for training and sparring.


JUMPING INTO THE SHARK TANK

There comes a time when we have to make a major decision in our lives.
I had the chance to compete in Hamilton on August 20 at an event called 'Banger In the Hangar'.
I have decided to go for it.
I do have to say that this is a very scary experience. Yes. You read that correctly. 
I am not normally afraid of anything, but this is a major, perhaps a life-changing experience.
First of all, this will be my first time competing away from Toronto. It will be in Hamilton.
There will also be with a different coach in my corner. A coach whom I have only been working with for just over a month.
That means walking into an already hostile environment with a coach I hardly know, and with very little support from the audience.
It will be like diving into a tank full of sharks.
It will also be a different type of venue. It will be outdoors. I am used to the nice, comfortable ring inside the George Bell Arena.
For this whole experience, I will have very little in my favor.

Some may ask why I am doing this.
The reason for this decision is that we do not advance in life standing in a rut. 
Sometimes we need to jump in with the sharks. It is the only way we can advance, raise the bar as you will.

Readers of this blog in the Hamilton area, please come out on August 20 at 2 PM to show your support for 'The Brick', at the Navy League of Hamilton, 595 Catharine Street North.
There are 14 exciting bouts scheduled including mine.


======================================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================

'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

 215 Ryding Ave. Toronto

Monday and Wednesday

--and--

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--

2285 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment