ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, October 11, 2013

Stressing "The Brick"


 METROPOLIS COMMUNITY MEDIA/CJJQ RADIO   "The Brick" on Facebook    email "The Brick"

Hi all.
Welcome to another "Blue Corner".

Stockyards will be having their next boxing show on October 18. I will not be in this one. 
However, Metropolis West will be video recording the event, and it will be posted to our YouTube Channel within a week after.
Select the link above to visit Metropolis Community Media or to listen to CJJQ Community Radio.

Speaking of Stockyards, I went on a bit of a rant in my last entry. I have to admit that looking back on it, I may have been a bit harsh. 
I have been under a lot of stress lately, trying to juggle three part-time jobs and boxing. Understandably, I am trying to keep all of them as the same priority. I am currently pushed to the limit. That is why I want to make the most out my time at the boxing gym.
I apologize for being sarcastic...well, more sarcastic than normal. (I am always sarcastic.)
That being said, I still feel that people should not be showing up for class late. It is rude and disruptive. What I do if I can't make a fitness class, I don't go, or I go and do my own training and will attend class only if invited by the instructor. 
I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation. Please be considerate of your colleagues.

The reason I need three jobs is because..and here comes the rant of the month...this city is so damn expensive. 
Even New York City has nice areas that are affordable. In Queens, you can get a nice one bedroom apartment for $850. Yes, I have already checked. I invite anyone to go to a rental agent in Toronto, and ask for a one bedroom for $850. Then, get our the stopwatch, and time how long it takes for her to stop laughing at you.
That, on top of the idiots at City Hall. I'm sure you have all heard about my City Hall rants.
Then there is the overall cost of living.....{It keeps going and going...}

Plus, you have myself, the wifey, and a friend who will be staying with us for a while, plus two cats, all living together in a studio apartment.
I have been trying to talk management into giving us a larger apartment. I want to move from a studio to a three bedroom. I will go from paying $885 to $1640. However, I will be splitting it three ways. Right now, I am paying most of it myself, because I really can't charge my friend rent for sleeping on the sofa in the same room with us.

Enough of my rant, now for some good news. One of my employers is seriously considering putting me on full-time by the end of October. The security job at the warehouse will likely become 36 - 44 hours weekly, possibly as early as next week.. That means not needing to juggle so many jobs. Also, the supervisor on that job knows that I am training as a boxer, and is very supportive. I don't think I will have much trouble getting time off to train and for competitions.

More good news, I have lost another pound. I am now down to 194. I am getting closer to my goal of 188.

If you want to contact me, visit me on Facebook, or use the email address above. Please do not use email addresses on older blog entries, as they may no longer be working.

Cheers.


                ""Dudes who know how to fight, don't -- Dudes who want to fight, can't.""

p

No comments:

Post a Comment