ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Monday, October 7, 2013

The Smallest Loser ?


Hello Blue Corner Peeps,

Well, there is a first time for everything, and here is one.
I have a complaint about something Stockyards did.
I know you are asking, "What? Paul has a complaint about Stockyards? Wow!"

On Wednesday, they cut class early. Reason: So they can take a "few select boxers" to HUF Gym for sparring. Well, that's great. What about my sparring class?

I was only able to get one round, and to be totally honest, that is a complete and total waste of my time. 

Look at this from my side. With me working full- time and odd hours now, I may not be able to attend sparring every week, so I want to make the most if it when I am there.

Richard said I was ready to compete. Well, how well am I going to do if I am only sparring one round every two weeks or so?  I'm not not going in there to make a fool of myself. That defeats the purpose of everything I have been trying to achieve.

They were going all the way to Mississauga to spar. It would have been 10 PM by the time they got there. What boxing gym is open at that hour?
Besides, what is wrong with sparring at Stockyards? It was a sparring class. Why do they go somewhere else?

What happened to "My members come first." What am I? Chopped liver and onions?

I am going to say something about it, because going forward, anything fewer than three rounds is pointless. Actually, I should be aiming for four rounds. I am not a beginner any more. 

It does not help that they include warm-up as part of class.
Warm-up should not be part of class. Everyone knows you need to stretch and warm-up before exercising. Here is what you do: Get to class early, and do it!
I am always there 30 minutes before class begins so I can get my stretching and warm-up done. Therefore, I should be entitled to a full three-rounds or more of sparring.
If you are late for class, you don't attend, or you can do your warm-up while others do class, and then you can finish class later, if there is time.
There has to be rules about these things. 

In other news:
I have lost 11 pounds in the last two months. 
I guess that can partly be because of work. Lots of walking and climbing. Doing security in a warehouse is a lot of work. Those who think security guards just sit and read, are living in Dreamland. I wish I could sit and read!

I am now at 195 pounds. That is down from 206 in August.

Cheers.



       METROPOLIS COMMUNITY MEDIA           "The Brick" on Facebook         email "The Brick"


""Dudes who know how to fight, don't -- Dudes who want to fight, can't.""

             


No comments:

Post a Comment