ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Waiting...and Waiting...and Waiting....Again


Stockyards will be hosting another live boxing event in mid-February. 
However, I don't know if I will be in it. 
As usual, it is taking 26 decades to renew my Boxing Ontario certification.


I went to my physician on Friday for the medical tests, and he started the form. He then asked me to come back Saturday for the urine and blood tests.
I did, but I though he was going to do them at his office. He sent me to a damn lab.
I had my piss and blood done, plus yet another ECG. I think that is four ECGs I have had done in a year.
 I don't remember. I have had so many, I lost track.

My test results will be ready *after* Wednesday. So, in other words, Thursday?
Do you know how long it really takes to process urine and blood samples, for the basic things they usually check?
Seven minutes.
It is true. With the medical technology we have today, all tests can be completed in seven minutes. So, why is mine taking three days?
Good question, isn't it?

Here is an interesting thing., Junmar's physician is Dr. Long, and he is recommending Dr. Long to the other boxers.
I went to Dr. Long the very first time I needed the medical exam, over two years ago. He refused to fill out the form. He told me outright that I was "too old". 
So, that is why I don't go to him any more.

Here is the thing about these tests. Why does Boxing Ontario need a piss test? 
I can understand that if I was competing at a national level, but why does a little local piss-pot athlete like myself need a piss test?
Quite honestly, I don't want them knowing what is in my piss. It is none of their business.

Medical information is a person's own personal-private business. 
It is actually a violation of the Privacy of Information Act. 
Boxing Ontario should know that.

Not that I have anything to hide.
It is the principle.

I don't understand why my life is so complicated.
Anything I want to do always takes do long.

Even if I send my renewal in next week, it will take Boxing Ontario at least three weeks to process it.

In the meantime, Stockyards is bringing in a coach from the Bramalea Boxing Club. He is usually there on Wednesdays. 
Since Junmar is away for the month, I have been training with the Bramalea coach.
I have to say he is a great coach. He is very aggressive. He does not take any crap from his athletes. 

Honestly, I am thinking about doing some training up there. Not that I want to leave Stockyards, but the Bramalea club is close to work. It is only 20 minutes by bus. That is about the same as going to Stockyards from my home.

In other news, the pedestrian signal at Dundas West and Bloor are not working...again. The traffic lights work, but there are no signals for crossing.

They stopped working three weeks ago, and then a couple of days ago, Guild Electric came to fix them. They were working on them all day. They arrived as I came home from night shift, and as I was leaving to go back to work, they had just got them working.

Great. They worked for exactly one day. Yesterday they were out again, and have been out since.
That is great advertising for Guild Electric.
If you need electrical work done properly, call Guild Electric!

I wonder if the police consider that J-walking?
I could always cross in front of the subway station.


Paul "The Brick" Brec




No comments:

Post a Comment