ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The New Year Is Starting Off Interesting All Ready


Hi all. 
I hope you have all had a nice Holiday season. 
Welcome to 2014.

Nothing much happened for me. 

Stockyards was closed, so I did my training at Bloor Fitness.
That place is getting crazy.
I was in there on December 29th at about 3:30 in the morning. 
Oddly, or maybe not so odd, there was someone upstairs in the boxing studio.
He had the lights off, which I thought was a bit odd, so I turned them on.
This guy completely and totally freaked on me. He wanted to train with the lights off.
Okay...Who does that? How the hell can you see what you are doing? Not to mention the safety issues.
What the hell? Did this guy just get back from a party with Rob Ford?
Doesn't anybody take anything seriously at that place? 
The guy was a terrible "boxer" as well. That is probably why he wanted the lights off, so nobody could see how much he sucks.
My basic answer to him was........fuck you. The lights went on, and stayed on.
As much as the management of Bloor Fitness don't want to admit that the place has "problems", I'm sure they can at least clue into the safety hazard of a completely and totally dark gym.
 I don't know why they don't invest in motion sensor light switches. Stockyards has them.
Then again...we are talking about Bloor Fitness. The gym with the wise-ass instructors, who think they know everything about fitness, but really know squat. [Of course that is purely my opinion, so for any pending lawsuits, kindly direct your lips to my ass.]

Coming home from work the previous morning, as I was crossing Dundas Street, I noticed two really nice, well-groomed huskies running along Bloor Street. They were obviously not strays.
At one point, they tried to cross Bloor in front of traffic. 
Fortunately, the traffic stopped, and the drivers of the first two vehicles got out to help the dogs back to the sidewalk. There was a lineup of traffic behind, but everyone was very patient.
Here is the thing: There was a police car right there, and did not offer to help. I don't believe they did not notice. How can you not see two big dogs running on a major street?
Oh, but they can see a 'J-walker' from five blocks away with no problem. 
Idiots.
There is a happy ending to this: The huskies were reunited with their human counterpart.

I had to work New Year's Eve--well, I had to work all the holidays--but on New Year's Eve, Mississauga buses were free. 
The shocking part is that was, they were on time. Yeah, I know, I am just as surprised as you.
Earlier last week, the Route 11A was late four times in a row, going to and from work.
I am at the point now, where I plan my schedule around the buses being late. Now that they have not been late, it is completely screwing up my schedule. Piss me off.
I am not worried. I give it three weeks maximum, and the buses will go right back to being late again. It is a Mississauga thing. It is against the law in Mississauga for buses to be on time.

Back to boxing.
Stockyards will be open again next week. It will be good to get in some sparring again.
I have a lot of work to do to get ready for the Brampton Cup.

That's all for now. 
Have a great 2014 !

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment