ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Not Just Another 'Brick' In the Wall


Hi all.

I have been doing this blog for a long time. Since I wrote the first entry, I have gained many readers.

You all know my troubles with getting back into boxing, but few of you know any more about me.

This special entry will introduce you to the inner workings of the Brick. What am I about, what is my background, and why the hell did I choose boxing as a sport?

My friends, please read the following, and find out why I am not just Another 'Brick' In the Wall.
I will now answer some questions about myself.


  • Why my nickname is 'The Brick' ?
Someone gave me a good idea about this. It is because I hit like I have a brick in my glove. 
That is good, and I will use that, but it is not the original reason.
It is actually much simpler. My coach likes to call guys by their last names for some reason. He could never pronounce mine properly, so he started calling me "Brick", and it stuck.


  • My political and religious views
I avoid discussing politics and religion on the Internet, as it can start problems. However, my political views are probably transparent through my posts, and I really don't care if people know my religion.
My political slant is Conservative, and I am non-religious (I am currently not active in practicing any religion).


  • Places I have visited and liked
Montreal, Quebec
New York, New York
Cincinnati, Ohio
Atlanta, Georgia
Zurich, Switzerland
Munich, Germany


  • Places I have visited and did not like
Buffalo, New York
Cleveland, Ohio
Jacksonville, Florida
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida


  • Places to visit (Bucket List)
Vancouver, BC
San Francisco, Calif.
Los Angeles, Calif.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Paris, France
Rome, Italy
Sydney, Australia


  • TV I like
Classic comedies (70s & 80s)
Classic game shows (70s & 80s)


  • TV that drives me crazy
'Reality' shows
Celebrity gossip


  • Music I like
70s & 80s hits
70s & 80s rock
Jazz
Classical (symphonies)
some newer rock
some 'oldies' (50s & 60s)


  • Music that makes me want to bash my own brains out whenever I hear it
Rap & Hip hop
Older "Twangy" Country & Western

  • Favorite quote
"There is no such thing as bad student, only bad teacher...Teacher say, student do."

  • Favorite seasons
Spring and summer

  • Pet peeves
You already know!


  • Words that make me cringe when used
N*gger, F*ggot, B*tch, Wh*re, or any other word that is disrespectful. 
I may be Conservative, but I still respect others.

  • Phobia
Acrophobia.  I can not be higher than two floors on a non-enclosed balcony, and not higher than 20 floors, enclosed. Forget the glass floor of the CN Tower.

  • Favorite politicians
Justin Trudeau  [in the shadow of his father, and he's cool]
Tim Hudak  [actually interested in creating jobs, instead of closing everything]
Rob Ford  [he is doing an amazing job, his personal life is nobody's business, leave him alone]

  • Politicians I don't like
Kathleen Wynne  [Hee, hee, hee]...[and she is totally useless as a politician]


  • Jobs I have had (In order)
Dishwasher, short order cook, mail room clerk, office assistant, payroll assistant, bank vault assistant, retail salesperson-clothing, retail salesperson-furniture, retail salesperson-electronics, retail salesperson-technology, logistics coordinator-store returns, customer service agent-mobile phone service, I.T. administrator, radio announcer, TV camera operator, broadcast technician, TV program director, security guard, bouncer, security guard supervisor.


  • Education and certifications
Education: Applied Arts Diploma in Communications and Broadcasting, College-Level English, College-Prep (English and Math), College Re-entry [Private college](English and Math)
Certifications: CompTIA A+, First Aid, CPR level 'C' / AED, WHMIS, Smart Serve


  • Why did I choose boxing as a sport to participate in?
I really don't know. 
I am still trying to figure that one out myself, but I am having a lot of "fun" doing it!



Thanks for reading,


Paul "The Brick" Brec


No comments:

Post a Comment