ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Great Father's Day Gift...



 Welcome to Entry 160.

This will be the last entry until after my Comeback bout, so I can concentrate on training.

Next bout: June 14 @ George Bell Arena 
                 vs. Leo "The Cobra" Ronin




A Great Father's Day Gift...





This coming Sunday is Father's Day...and a great gift for dad would be a ticket to boxing.
Bring dad to Stockyards' boxing show on Saturday at 7 PM at the George Bell Arena.
There are 11 scheduled bouts, including mine. 

The poster only shows Stockyards' team members.









Preparing For Ronin

Okay, so all this time I was thinking that since this was my first "real" bout in a long time, that it would only be an exhibition.

Richard informed me on Monday, that my "Triumphant Return To the Ring" is not an exhibition match, but in fact a competition match, for points, the real thing...like Coca-Cola, but maybe a lot more painful.

Way to put the pressure on.
I mean, this is it. This is really "it". All I have been working for that last few years is finally happening.

It will be myself, "The Brick" Brec verses Leo "The Cobra" Ronin. An all-out Heavyweight battle, in front of a lot of people.

I was looking at the gloves they wear for competition, and they are a lot smaller (thinner) than exhibition or sparring gloves. They are 12 oz gloves as opposed to 16's used in sparring.
Wow. There is not a lot of padding on those. I mean, you can knock out a guy with those.

Not that I am overly worried about Ronin.
He is smiling in the photo. He won't be smiling on Saturday after I hand his ass to him in five different pieces.

I have been monitoring his training, and he has not done squat in the past two weeks. Maybe 2-3 rounds of sparring and a couple rounds of shadow boxing a week. That's it.
Really? How can you prepare for a fight like that?
Maybe he still thinks it is an exhibition. 
Keep thinking that, Leo. Please do. All the better for me.

Also on the card: Boxing colleague Justin Stephenson, also a Master's Division boxer, who will be doing an exhibition with George Fintos.

This month's boxing at Stockyards Boxing is brought to you by Geritol.

I have less than four days to prepare for this.
I will continue the regular training schedule through to Thursday, including a bit of sparring on Wednesday.
I will be taking Friday off.
It is normal for boxers to take off the day before a match.

I will also be taking the following week off, to continue my regular training schedule the following Saturday morning, June 21.
The only thing I might do is a bit of running through High Park on a nice day, or some treadmill at Bloor Fitness. Other than that, it will be a dead week for me as far as training goes.


Coming Up For "The Brick"

I may already have a match for the following show in September (Stockyards will not be hosting any shows in July or August).

Matt challenged me to "go" in September.
Let me tell you a bit about Matt. He is 53. Yeah, a 53 year-old boxer who has not had a lot of sanctioned ring experience.
He has done a bit of "underground" boxing. You know "Fight Club" type stuff, but he has never been in the ring with Boxing Ontario officials watching.

I accepted his "challenge". 
Now, it is just a matter of getting Richard to agree.
I mean, hey, he's 53. What is he going to do? Break a hip?




NEXT SCHEDULED BOUT: JUNE 14 @ George Bell Arena

-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 0  / 1 
Weigh-in on June 6 / 2014 @ 85 kg / 188 lbs. {up}
Last bout: September 21 / 2013 [Exhibition]
Next scheduled bout: June 14  / 2014 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, with sparring twice weekly
Coaches: R. Soucé, J, Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 68
Stance: Orthodox 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers.








No comments:

Post a Comment